Problem with Airtable API

Hi,

Kindly refer the screenshot. I am simply trying to read data from Airtable using API and not sure where am going error. Am getting an error message “Not Found”. Can anyone help plz.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

In Airtable, the API URL need to be appended with the table name you are trying to access.

Due to the fact your blocks does not show the full URL it is difficult to say if this is your mistake or I have to look for something else.

Be sure to review my tutorial here:

1 Like

Hi,

Thank You for your reply. I have added th table name.Kindly refer the URL below.

https://api.airtable.com/v0/appCS4QyKe1hsWQrJ/Milestones

1 Like

Hi Darren,

I had followed your tutorial only and did exactly the same however still, not sure why nothing happens.

Yes, this step is correct. You also need to add the API key in the authentication property of your API component. When you do this you will be able to access your table.

1 Like

Hi,

Kindly see the screenshot below. I have added the authentication also in the API component still its not working for me.

1 Like

Please remove the extra “:” after both Authorization and Content-Type. The are two colons where should only be one.

Hi,

I removed the extra colon. Still, no luck. I am getting a blank screen. Also, while trying to Post data using the API, am getting error as Invalid_Request. I have attached the Post block also for reference. Really dont know where am going wrong.

1 Like

To avoid coming and going with suggestions, can you share your base with me so I can test it directly with my code.

Please note, when you share the Airtable base, you do not need to give the API keys so it remains secure and you can remove the sharing after the issue is resolved.

Hi,

Kindly find below the ID. Hope this helps.

1 Like

It seems you have shared a totally different table. I see 2 columns in the table you shared (name, image)
Do you want me to create a list out of the content of this table using Airtable API?

I did a simple GET with the API and this is the result

This is the code I used

Of course I entered the API URL and the API Key is the component itself.

All seems to work good.

Ohh, sorry, not sure how it happened.

1 Like

Then it should work for me also. I will try and revert soon. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I believe there is some problem with the key details. As per the screenshot shared by you above, the key starts with"key5OdcD9…". For me, the key is showing as “keygUegK9bai…”. Could this be a problem for me?

1 Like

When you share the table with me you do not give away your key but using this way, I can use my key to test the shared table.

You need to update it with your own key and update the API URL with your own Base ID and then it will work.

Noted. Sorry to bother you again but am really going nuts with this. Kindly see the attached blocks. Everything seems correct still am not able to write data in Airtable. API Settings

1 Like

I cannot be certain if this is correct or not. To update a record using the API, you need to add the row ID to the URL of the API.

The screen you provided does not show the full URL and could not tell if you have done so.

Can you confirm this?

I tried using both the below URLs but none is working :(.

https://api.airtable.com/v0/appilh8a8Na90EvsK/Act_New/reccZlzKBeUpeQuIt

https://api.airtable.com/v0/appilh8a8Na90EvsK/Act_New

Act_New is table name.

1 Like