Problem live test onAndroid - screen empty padding at the bottom

[quote=“Deluxe, post:19, topic:552876, full:true”]
I tried that but it was worst

Update: I pushed the app update to all my Android devices after performing the changes described in my previous messages and don’t see the empty space at the bottom of the screen anymore on these devices:

• Honor 9 Lite: Screen aspect ratio is 18:9
  • Huawei P Smart Z: Screen aspect ratio is 19.5:9
  • Moto G 1st Gen: Screen aspect ratio is 16:9
  • Xiaomi Mi A1: Screen aspect ratio is 16:9

However, I am still seeing the empty gap on the bottom of the screen on this device:

• Samsung Galaxy S10: Screen aspect ratio is 19:9

So there seems to be something specific about the S10, perhaps the fact that it has a taller top bar in order to host the camera, dunno. In any case, the S10 is the only of my devices which still has the problem, the rest are fine.

Can anyone else test the mentioned changes and deploy the new version, mentioning his device model and results? Could it be that devices with weird notches still have the problem? Just guessing…

Thanks
Konstantinos

My device is samsung galaxy a 10 with screen 19:9 aspect ratio
I’ve tried it, and I no longer see the gap on the bottom but my screen still can not scroll down to the end and I had to set the screen padding bottom to 70 px in oder to see my bottom component.

Hello people! This problem is happening to me too.

Are you talking about the app as viewed in the Companion or for a compiled app? Did you disabled scrolling on all other elements of the screen? The Screen should be the only component with Scrolling enabled.

Did you try the workaround described above?

@kartik14 read here

I also opened a topic in community - I think I missed this one :sweat_smile:

Yes, I too have the same issue.

Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

Hello, Deluxe!
Thanks for your attention.
Sorry for any communication difficulties. I am using a translator. I’m from Brazil and I don’t speak English.
As for the problem, I still haven’t had time to test your solution. But eliminating all the scrollable columns would not be the best alternative for my project. Some scrollable columns, which occupy only part of the screen, perform important functions.

1 Like

Olá @robsonroch1r ! Eu concordo com você, a solução dele não é ideal para todas as situações. Eu acho ótimo ter encontrado uma solução alternativa. Acho que vi um dos administradores postar que eles estão realmente trabalhando neste problema de coluna e esperamos resolver o problema em breve!

Did u find a solution.

1 Like

I totally understand. It appears that this has been confirmed as a bug in GitHub so all we can do for now is wait. But yes, this sucks big time…

2 Likes

Hi, Jared! I think like you. An alternative solution is better than no solution.

2 Likes

While I wait for a definitive solution, I will think about adaptations using the alternative that you shared. Thanks!

2 Likes

Update: I checked the height of the space at the bottom of my app on my S10 device and it turns out it is exactly the same as the height of Android’s status bar on that device (148 pixels). I don’t know if this means anything to the Thunkable devs but I thought it would make sense to mention it.

1 Like

No bro, I still stuck in this bug. I think the best thing we can do know is to use @Deluxe’s alternative as a temporary solution. The good news is Thunkable team is working on fixing it but it must take time.
Thank u all for joining discuss in my topic :smile:

Good job @Deluxe, it is helpfull i think :smile:

1 Like

Yes i did, the gap at the bottom dissapear and now I can scroll down screen to the end (few days ago i cannot :smile: ). Another problem still there is the big space around the introduce picture below.

Please can i have the link to the GITHUB.