Problem live test onAndroid - screen empty padding at the bottom

Since yesterday, i’ve got a problem with my app UI when live test on Android. The problem is that there is a empty gap on the bottom of the screen, i can see the screen background but can not put anny component on that place, even when i tried to set the position to absolute and EdgeOffsets bottom to 0 (the screenpadding was already set up to 0). It happened to some of the screens, with the rest screen, i realize that i can not scroll down the screen to the end and i lost the componens wich is placed on the bottom of the screen. Every thing was doing well the day before yesterday, but since yesterday i’ve got this prpblem and have no idea how to deal with it.
Can any one tell me whether the app had some problem or it is because thunkable is updating and i have to wait for someday to fix that bug.
Noted that it occured only on Android, on ios evrything work well.
Thank for reading my topic. I love this community so much :smile: :smile: :smile:

1 Like

I also have this problem but the staff didn’t noticed my post … just got ignored :unamused:

When did you get this problem? Was it yesterday or long before that ? Just to know if it was the platform error or not.

Since the last update!

1 Like

Same problem here, I get that problem since 1st of April

The first two screenshots I took last week and everything was perfect, the next two screenshots are as it appears now, with wide spaces in the top and bottom of the photos and the empty padding at the bottom

2 Likes

I too am having this issue. It’s almost as if there is a row at the bottom with a Vindexx of 1

1 Like

I got the same thing with my home screen. Have you tried to download your app to your phone and see how it was? Maybe something would be different. I have not tried yet because my app required pro account to download.
In any way, hope the thunkable team will fix that bug soon.

This is on my phone even when downloaded @H_i_CH_n_Nguy_n

This is for real. Just getting the same at the worst possible timing! Looks like it is Android-only as I am not seeing the issue on my iPhone. THIS IS MAJOR! I think I am seeing a gap on both bottom AND top of the screen on both the live app and the published version. This should be solved A.S.A.P!

1 Like

Can or has anyone posted this on the github yet?

Let me do that…

3 Likes

Thank you @Deluxe :open_hands:

1 Like

Ok guys… SET YOUR SCREENS AS SCROLLABLE and post here your findings.

Guys, I think I see what is going on. The ones who have been developing apps for quite a while remember that there has been an issue with vertically scrolling screens and for this reason, we used the trick of creating a column in the screen, setting that column as scrollable and then designing the screen in that column. It seems that this trick no longer works and that we now need to set that column to not be scrollable and also set the screen as scrollable. If you do that, the app works as before.

I believe that something changed in the back end and we were not informed. The last update here is from February 28th and there is indeed a release note for fixing the screen scroll issue from back in September 12th. This points to something having changed in the backend.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks
Konstantinos

2 Likes

thanks for the research @Deluxe!

Update: I was able to update all my screens based on my previous message and will soon be publishing a new version to the app store to confirm full functionality. @jared, the X Android companion has a glitch hiding about 15 - 25 pixels (vertically) at the bottom but showing 15 - 25 pixels blank pixels (vertically) at the top so in a way, the screen is shifted downwards for about 15 - 25 pixels meaning that we can’t see the very bottom of the screen. Interestingly enough, live-previewing the app on the web using the new capability works fine. I will be providing another update soon.

Konstantinos

1 Like

Update: Looks like you need to set every column in the screen as non-scrollable and let the only the screen be scrollable to make this work correctly. Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks
Konstantinos

1 Like

Update: After disabling scrolling for ALL columns and only setting screens as scrollable I was able to bring the app back to its original functionality.

1 Like

I will try it now.
Thank you for your amazing guide @Deluxe :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

1 Like