🎉 New Thunkable ✕ PRO Feature: Publish your Project as a Web App 2020-03-11

Hi @jared

We are currently working on fixing the scrollable column/screen in web app. We took a look at your web app Could Note, and it’s a complex app that we are not sure if we identify your issue correctly.

Is it possible for you to provide an app that only includes the scrollable issue you are facing?

Thanks,
Ting

2 Likes

No… Am I dumb lol I know how to add a pwa to the homescreen I’m speaking about: Imagine I send the pwa to clients… where and how should they know that thexy can add it to the home screen.

There should be a external popup like would you likt to add the app if yes it shows how to add it

You understand what I mean …

Hi @jared

Our staff inspected your app and found that you may have turned on the scrollable property on the screen component, but you may need to turn on the scrollable property for the column component as well. The attached picture show where the scrollable property in the column component is.

Please give it a try and let us know if that helps resolve your issue.
Thanks for waiting!

2 Likes

like this it only shows up when the app is viewed on the broswer

The is also a big problem with iphone x ( iphone with the notch ) … it goes up to the header the stack nav…

and also that the screen can bounce should be disable …

also the bottom and header are not fixed …they bounce with the screen

Mobile web app issue with text box: I’m experiencing this problem too. On android, text box cannot be filled. The keyboard drops. This problem is not presented on iOS or MAC Book. Kindly look into it.

2 Likes

I can also confirm this issue on Android but not iOS.

What happens to links of WebApps after ending the Pro account?

1 Like

@rollke I’m not 100% sure but I think it’s the same as unpublishing your mobile web apps. I’ll look into this for you.

Just FYI though, if you unpublish and the republish a mobile web app the URL stays the same. (I’m guessing you’re thinking about using these as examples in your books?)

1 Like

Hi @jared did you see the reply from @tingccc?

3 Likes

I am also waiting for this to be fixed, i have an app ready for release but on hold because of this issue, No app security if you cant login. This is a vital thing that needs urgent attention. i do not want to have to rebuild my app for a third time due to components not working as intended, it is rather tiring. Do we have some sort of time frame for when this will be rectified. @domhnallohanlon. Normally i dont complain about things like this as i can usually figure a workaround eg. like i did with app subscription, but i managed it. This issue however there is no workaround for and needs to be addressed ASAP. PLEASE THUNKABLE FIX THIS ISSUE. LOGIN PAGES ARE USELESS IN A PWA WITHOUT THIS FUNCTIONING PROPERLY.

@wei @tingccc

Hey there! Thank so much for taking a look at this. I must have accidently set it back to non scrollable!

Fixed now

https://thunk.app/w/2WZ5aIC3

this app is ok. but after publishing my latest example, i now see how this can be greatly imporved upon objects and json formatting!

4 Likes

Why is the screen no fixed on webwiew ?

like the top nav and bottom nav why they pull down and up like a browser… it’s not really app like :frowning:

The text input bug on the Android browser should be fixed now. You might need to publish a new version.

Please let me know if that doesn’t work for you.

Wei

2 Likes

@domhnallohanlon

Hi there! New user to Thunkable.

I understood from previous discussion with eoinparkinson & point that its possible to set permanent redirect to thunk.app/web-build/… , but for a custom web app, it would be really awesome to have the URL in the browser itself to be consistent with Brand / Domain a user has visited.

To clarify conclusion on custom domains, I would like to confirm whether its possible to just show the web URL in the browser to be

app.customdomain.com OR customdomain.com/app (where I already own the domain),

and NOT thunk.app/--------

Is it possible?

Thanks!

3 Likes

@domhnallohanlon

I think the idea would be to have the url still show our custom url even though it redirects to the thunk.app URL. Could this be possible if we register our domain with thunkable. Can you force a pointing url to show?

1 Like

I tested it.
When you are no longer a Pro user then your web apps created during the time of your pro membership are no more accessible.

2 Likes

Very good information thanks for this.

I’m sorry but this thing is RUBBISH. It might be beta but:

• The phone is so small it doesn’t represent most normal phones so everything is HUGE.
  • The web-views have normal scrollbars (which should be fixed with CSS (https://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/s/scrollbar-width/).
  • Top Tab Navigator is bunched up so the text is on two lines instead of one - again this reflects on the unrealistic screen-size.

Frankly it’s a mess and I expected better. You could even make the phone look realistic, to make it feel like an actual app (or have an option for that).

Also, it would be nice to be able to embed this, so it can be easily white-labelled.

Buttons don’t even seem to work unless the “navigate to screen” is put first (I had a vibrate and then web API to POST before navigating, which didn’t work), meaning I have to change around a load of blocks just to get it working as a web-app, hugely inconvenient.

It would be almost fine if it worked, but it’s basically unusable . Sorry.

No need to apologies, thanks for your candid feedback @hdawc, we’re always looking to grow and improve our product.

Correct still in beta, but your feedback, and the 100 or so other comments above this, help make it better and get us ever closer to a stable release.

Have you been looking at this in a web browser on your Computer? I’d highly recommend opening it on your phone as this was, initially at least, the intended use case.

You’re actually the first person to have raised this issue, well spotted. Looking at your article it might be an easy fix, can you open a ticket on Github for this please and lets see if we can get this resolved!

Can you share a screenshot of this please? Again, does the issue persist when tested on a physical device?

A number of our fantastic community members have already asked for this and it’s on the way. There’ll be an announcement when it goes live.

This does sound strange - was there an issue here because it’s asynchronous or do you think its a bug? If it’s a bug please file a ticket on Github, please let me know if you need any help with this.

2 Likes

I was just looking to try and do this today! This will make a great feature!!

1 Like