Module visible or not

In thunkable DnD, when importing a module, is it possible to condition its visibility? Make visible or not, because I have elements in front and behind the module and it does not allow clicking on the elements that are behind. Will there be an option similar to the block I show?

Hi franc.pozo21qlruw9, welcome to Thunkable! :tada:

Be sure to check out our posts about How to ask Great Questions v2.0, our Community Guidelines, and our Docs as you get started.

Unless visibility is created as a property of the module before it is imported, then you would not have access to a block to toggle its visibility after importing it. If this is the case, you could add the module to a Group or Layout component and toggle the visibility of that instead.
Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 4.29.37 PM

1 Like

I tried in several ways, I carried out the method to make visible-not visible, and the components appear and disappear and are not visible, but the module is still there, because it does not allow me to click on any element that is behind the space that that module occupies.

I would just like to be able to make the entire module appear and disappear by pressing a button, so that not only are the components “not visible”, I want the space to be free of the module, and that what is behind the module can be clicked

For setting the visibility of the module, you can use blocks like this. setVisible is the name of the method you’ll want to add and bool (boolean = true or false) is the parameter.

And then after you import the module you can adjust the visibility of the module. In your case, you’ll set the bool to false so that the module cannot be seen.

1 Like

I followed the steps and the module disappears correctly, but I can’t click on the elements behind the module, it’s as if the module is still present even though its elements are no longer visible.

I’m attaching the links to the example project and the example module so you can see that I followed the steps. My goal is to be able to click on the buttons behind the module.

Proyecto: https://x.thunkable.com/copy/3b85e795a2ffd419d55558af311ae560

module: Thunkable

I’m not sure what happened here but I just had to delete and re add the chat module and the buttons worked fine again.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/42c820a16e0421e833bbbeb70a72cd46

If you can do the same on your project, it should be fine.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply and the follow-up to my question. The problem continues because I still can’t click on: “button 3” and “button 4”, which are behind the space occupied by the module. You can click on the other buttons (button 1, button 2, button 5 and button 6) but not on buttons 3 and 4. It seems that the module always occupies the space even if its components are not visible.

I am considering this, for example, in case I need to use 2 full screen modules on the same screen. For example, a full screen item list module and another notification module on the same screen, this would complicate the superposition of both modules because only the module in front could be used, making it impossible to use the module behind (both modules used in full screen).

I attach the link to the new project:
Project: Thunkable

We’ll have to take a look at this more to see if it is a limitation of modules when they are added to the screen.

1 Like