Make list from text does not work

It does not convert the text input to “',” delimited list. I have tried all possible ways I could think off. There must be one more way I can’t figure out. Please help
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/abee433d0f11c19fae36db7bd5d5e3f9
Also the block hangs for wrong combinations. Will file a bug report later.

It’s not a bug. It may be a feature request based on how you’re expecting things to work.

My question is: given “1243545” what would you expect the result to be? For example, the list {1,2,4,3,5,4,5}? If so, you could try the block with no delimiter meaning you use a blank string (“”) and see what happens.

1 Like

“This block lets you create a list from text and even lets you set delimiters i.e. “,””
The documentation says “from text” and it says we can set the delimiter of our choice.
Yes you are right when I inserted “,” it did work. Then the whole point is lost. Say I have a text string 1243545 I want to convert it to list with delimiters “,” then this make list from text will not work :frowning: I will have to insert “,” and then give it to it. Anyway if that is so, then I will have to live with that. Will file a bug, doc and feature enhancement report. Thanks Tatiang for the clarification.

Yes it works you are are a magician!! This is just mid boggling, just sheer magic. If one wants the delimiters as “,” then one should leave it blank!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: . In case you out the delimiter then you will not get the delimiter :slight_smile: :grinning: The documentation should really improve. People like you, who know all this inner twists of Thunkable are really a boon to this community!! Thanks again you saved a ton of work and the day!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.