List-viewer & DVL showing issues with items

Hello there, I hope you are doing good!

When we set the data for a listviewer using blocks
(example: image), we expect it to display every item the list variable has.

But when the screen initializes, the list viewer only shows 10 items (this no. is exact for every run), When an item is clicked in that 10-item listview, it sort of refreshes the list, as after that it shows all the records.

Here’s a representation :

As you can see, at first we can only see 10 items, and after I click on any one of them, the list automatically refreshes, and then I am able to see the rest of the items. I have been experiencing this bug for quite a long time, and it gets very annoying sometimes. I had already reported about a similar issue here before but seems like that topic is lost in the wild…

Do you have any advice/idea on this? Thanks a lot!

Update : Same issue with DVL, at start I can see only 10 items, and after clicking on anyone it refreshes and shows the rest. Exactly the same one…

3 Likes

This is a problem that has existed for a long time. Appears on date viewers as well. How to bypass this problem? I still haven’t found a solution. It will be useful for me if someone shares their experience with this.

Exactly, data viewers are also showing this bug. Also, there’s one more problem I am experiencing with data viewers - when I reload them (manually by dragging down the loader in them), they refresh perfectly, but leave a giant blank space at their end.

I hope they consider this error too :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m experiencing the blank space too. Also, when I try to make a single item of a DVL or data viewer grid invisible, it leaves a blank instead of moving everything closer.

1 Like

Just updated the topic, as I experience the same issue I am having with list-viewer (only 10 items show up) with the DVL. I need to click on any one of the DVL’s items to make it show the rest of the items.

@jane can you have a look here? Thanks!

Well we all are facing the same issue, too had faced this issue a few times back and tries to find the solution also, but the fact is to date I have not been able to get a solution, I entered this thread with the intention of getting a solution but again I didn’t get a solution.

1 Like

Bug Update:

I would say the bug has been mostly solved. ‘Mostly’ because it still occurs sometimes (suddenly, out of the air), and the list again only shows 10 items, blank space, etc. But I only experience this in 1 or 2 out of 10 tests (on both android and ios).

@jane @domhnallohanlon @goutham Please guide :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,
I’m having problems displaying more than 11 items from Firebase using List Viewer. The thread above seems to consider this bug closed? Could somebody please let me know if there is a fix OR something that can be done to allow pagination to extend the list to display all items?

How are you trying to display the items? Can you post a screenshot of your bocks?

1. I know this sounds like a silly question but are you able to display 11 items from Firebase?
  2. Are you able to view more than 11 items with a manually-created list variable (no Firebase)?
  3. Are you able to view more than 11 items with a list variable assigned to the Firebase data?

At the moment I am trying to display a list of all items within the Firebase DB for that node, It appears that the number of items displayed in the list varys a little if I change the text size by 1 or 2 but generally the page doesn’t display all items in the list? The blocks look like :

The other challenge I am having is being able to display the Node item and then a field from within the item in Firebase DB? so 2 pieces of information on each row?