Data Viewer List - Incomplete list shown

Hello all,

I have some strange happenings in one of my apps that utilizes both the Data Viewer List and Listviewer.

Until recently both have functioned properly, but now when the screen loads only the first 10 items show. Refreshing using the swipe down method will load a large blank area where the rest of the items should be. So far the only way I can find to show the missing items is to click on the last item (On click: I have a custom pop up that shows more item details).

I have yet to be able to reproduce this in another app as it seems to work fine in the attempted reproductions. This issue just seemed to popup up on this particular app, which is troubling since it is one of my most prized productions and would take several days if not weeks to rebuild from scratch. :grimacing:

Also, I haven’t made any real alterations to the blocks in any time relative to this issue. My question is in short:

Has anyone else observed this behavior recently?

Any suggestions, pointers, ideas are welcome and appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @DuMonster, I found a similar bug: in my app I first fill a local data source, which is connected to a data viewer list. When displaying the data viewer list (screen2) only the first 10 items show up. Swipe down (=refresh) does nothing. But switching to screen3 and getting back to screen2 with the data viewer list suddenly shows all entries. Strange. I reported it directly to Steven (Thunkable staff), maybe you should talk also to him?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @Michael_Rogulla! I tried the screen swap and it stays the same, so far the ONLY way I have found so far to show more than the initial 10 is to click the 10th item (Android). I found that the IOS is not as picky but still holding similar results on both platforms.

UPDATE:
When I switch the screen block from “Starts” to “Opens” the list works like normal.

2 Likes

Seems like an odd “fix” @DuMonster?

@Michael_Rogulla if you try displaying the data in a label rather than a data viewer, does it display all the information from the local table?

@domhnallohanlon I agree. I’m going to keep running side test to see if I can reproduce and figure out where or when the issue comes up.

Hi @domhnallohanlon, thnaks for the question,

in my app I inserted some debugging-mechanisms: I log the number of fields from the local data source (both in screen.starts and screen.opens). The values are larger than 10. There is no way to ask for the number of entries in a data viewer list (hint: this could be a new feature). The last thing I did was to change the local data list into a “standard” list viewer, it displayed everything fast and correctly.

BTW: I repeat my wish to enhance the gool old “list viewer” (see github issue #1).

1 Like