If the title alone didn’t scare you away…
I’m trying to optimize my Photo Journal app to display photos stored in Cloudinary. The actual urls are retrieved from Firebase and then stored in a local data source because Firebase retrieval was too slow.
The problem I’m running into is that the data only shows up in my DVL (Data Viewer List) some of the time. I can run the same code and 75% of the time, the DVL is blank (it shows each row but there are no images or text). The other 25% of the time, it looks great. And I have no idea why.
The blocks I’m using are below. The idea is to create or update a row by getting the firebase data from an app variable where it’s been stored. I know the data is in the local data source (“Journal”) because I can display it in a label. But it often won’t show up in the DVL. I even tried the “Refresh Data” block – which seems to crash a lot – but it doesn’t appear to help.
Two previews of the same code: