List Data Viewer List Row ID for Airtable

Hi how do i get the row ID per row without clicking on it. I need a way to dynamically get the IDs when the screen loads so I can use it.

1 Like

The row ID is the name of the row.

Use the block [List of values] and in the column choose “ID”

How because when i do a click to display the row values, it displays some long mixed values which is certainly not a row name.

Forgot to mention, I am trying this with Airtable not local DB

If you click on any one in the data viewer list then the rowID returned by green block is the rowID of the Airtable. Exactly the same.

Maybe I am not getting something here. My airtable rows are 1,2,3,4,xxxx

When I click on the data viewer list item, and display the row ID, the ID is something like this cfYdDHGxxxx not 1,2,3,4

1 Like

Yes, this is true. The long alphanumeric is the rowID of Airtable row.

But how do I get that ID when the screen loads without clicking each item? The whole reason why I am asking for this is for unknown reason my transparent images are filled with grey background which I do not want. I want the transparent section to display the background color of each data viewer list items.

1 Like

I didn’t quite understand the problem about the background but to get all the rowID of your Airtable table you need to use the following block in the screen start or open event.

Creat a variable and assign it first as empty list then in the open or start event of your screen assign the block [List of Values] to the variable. Remember to change [column 1] in the image to “ID”. This will give you a list of rowIDs of the table you want.

1 Like

Thanks for the block, will help me for other section of my project. For better understanding of the image issue

1. this is the image in my airtable. That image is transparent.

1. When the data viewer list loads the images, this is what I see. if you look closely the circle bit has a grey background in it. Can’t figure out how to remove it.

1 Like

Creating a custom data list layout fixed the image issue.

2 Likes

Great,
You described the issue and solved it yourself before I see the post.

Happy Thunking

2 Likes