Latest Thunkable Releases incl WebViewer Image Upload, Google Maps Custom Styles/Themes and easier ways to upload and preview your Media (Mar 6)

@Bombolo This issue was fixed on the beta server, just not the main server. It will be fixed shortly.

cc: @mike

1 Like

Conor, you are right! These changes were pushed out but may take a day to take effect. Thanks for your patience in advance!

1 Like

Hi there. Can you send over your .aia so we can troubleshoot?

And yes, thanks for noticing the smaller package size. We found a way to be a little more efficient with our code but have not taken away any functionality. Just trying to make things faster and lighter for you!

3 Likes

Which path are you referring to? The only thing we added was enabling the ability to upload files through the WebViewer so I don’t think there is any path involved (but I could be wrong!)

1 Like

wandelenindewijknologos.aia (114.7 KB)

This is the aia. It has multiple polyline routes in a googlemap. You choose the route you want to display with the listpicker.
i am working with some people of my municipality to see of this is something they can use.

maybe it has something to do with the googlemap errors that other people see.

2 Likes

Hi there. So it looks like there is something funky that happens when you Live Test and you have a MapClickListenerEnabled as the first block in the Screen Initialize. I swapped it around and the orange title bar and listpicker worked.

Apologies for that but hope you can use this workaround for now.

Albert @ thunkable

PS The app still built fine for me even with the block arranged the original way.

2 Likes

Yes the app was building fine. Thanks for the solution.

I was so excited about this update. And finally i saw an option to view full screen in YouTube however its not working.

but when click the full screen it turned like this

Same thing with other video sites. @albert @thunkable

Hi @simpleandroidtech,

We didn’t add the full screen media viewing in the WebViewer in this release. Stay tuned!

Albert @ thunkable

2 Likes

Is screen size set to responsive?

1 Like

I see but can we still have option to use the old web viewer or the updated web viewer on a specific app ?. I have an app to listen to YouTube music videos while screen is off using the old web viewer. @albert

yes its already set to responsive.

Was it working with the previous version of the WebViewer?

Have you thought about making Thunkable an OpenSource project? Where anyone can contribute making new components (verified by you, of course)

2 Likes

To be clear, Thunkable’s code will not be open source

You could always contribute to the MIT AI source code, then there is a high chance of Thunkable implementing it.

5 Likes

yes i tried also the new version and its still working :grinning:

Good day its been a long time :slight_smile: is there any update for the full screen video? Thanks

http://community.thunkable.com/t/extended-web-viewer-extension/4564
We gonna implement this in the next update.

3 Likes

Thanks i will try this one.

Is image upload through webviewer on android currently working? Is there a setting to enable it if so?

Much appreciated!