Latest Thunkable iOS Release (Jun 2)

Hey Thunkers!

Happy Friday. For all of you helping us test out the iOS Beta, we just released an early version of uploading files (pictures, sounds, and more) to your app. You’ll find the drag and drop feature when you click on the name of your app on the Tree on the left.

This is a very early version so please help us test this out and report where it works and where it does not. Apologies if we are slow to get back to you over the weekend.

Happy thunking,
Albert on behalf of the Thunkables

7 Likes

How do you reference/call up the image files from your app? Just refer to the filename as in Android Thunkable?

The old companion (v8) won’t work anymore, the new one (v9) is coming up soon (sent to Apple store for review, should be done in an hr or so).

Thanks,
-Wei

3 Likes

Yes. For now, to refer to an uploaded file, just use the filename. We’re hoping to make it easier in the future.

-Mark

I’ve selected and installed Version 9 from Test Flight but scanning the QR code does not launch the Live Testing. I’ve tried Live Testing on both earlier projects which were launching OK in version 8 and creating a brand new one. Using Mac with either Firefox or Safari Browser, IPAD. If anyone else is having the same issue, please “Like” this post so the team can get a count of how many others are noticing the same.

2 Likes

@KaneoheKid we’re aware of this issue and are working on a fix. We’ll reply here as soon as it’s fixed. Thanks for reporting!

Hi @thunkable,

FYI, I replied with this in the #Announcements category, not sure if it was noticed or not:

The downloaded version doesn’t work, so it’s probably still the older version? For reference, would you please add the version and/or date/time stamp? It would make it easier to keep track. Maybe do the same for the website version and date/time?

Thanks!
BillG

The issue only occurs with projects containing Image components, so I would avoid those for now. We are currently working on the fix. Our next release should contain the fix.

-Mark

The companion V10 is on the way (in Apple Store for review) and it should be available in couple of hours. It should fix the bug happened in the old project.

Thanks,
-Wei

1 Like

Hi All,

The latest version of the companion app seems to work properly with both old and new projects.

Thanks!
BillG

1 Like