How can i open file manager in Thunkable X

How can I open file manager in Thunkable X to upload files e.g. mp3 or mp4 to firebase or cloudinary?

Hi @Andreas_Hoffmann

You can upload files to your Thunkable X project directly (which counts towards your project limit) but to upload to Cloudinary you will need to sign into your account there and upload them manually.

You can then copy/paste the URLs and use these in your app, with the main benefit being that it won’t count towards your project limit.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your fast reply. But can´t I open file manager to select a file in my app like with the activity starter?

Oh, you mean within an actual Thunkable X app?

No, at the moment there’s no File Picker component available in Thunkable X.

The closest thing is the Photo Library, but I’m guessing that’s not what you’re looking for since you mention mp3 and mp4 in your original question.

Ok thank you. No that´s not what i´m looking for. Will it be possible in the future?

Hopefully!

Can you tell me a little more about the app you’re trying to build, and who you’re hoping will use it?

If we have a particularly good use case we might be able to get it moved up the to-do list a bit!

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

move the necessary files to the image folder that the photo gallery component opens.

I wanted to create an app to share and archive my own music samples with other the band members