Keyboard and Varaibles issues are back

Hi! The v210 is great, however the keyboard issue (all the data gets compressed) is back, I have also received a number of reports of app crashes for android (it is working well for me, android 10). Has someone else experienced these issues?

1 Like

Update. The keyboard issue seems to be solved, however, the variable issue (the app is not saving variables along screens) is back

1 Like

@Ironchorch_Yo today I was facing both issues on thunkable live!. But you are right, now the keyboard issue is OK, App variable issue still remain. Do you know something @dohnallohanlon? Please.

1 Like

Same variable bug here.

2 Likes

Now I see variables issue OK but keyboard issue back again! :thinking:. What about you guys @Ironchorch_Yo @aliencaocao?

1 Like

Keyboard issues are back can confirm. Big problem because I just released an update to my app. When i tested the apk out it was fine. But when I removed it from recent apps and started it again the white box error is back. Now I have the bugged app on the playstore being reviewed

2 Likes

I just rebuilt my app just now and so far have not encountered any issue, but who knows if its gonna come back again. The previous time when the variable bug happened, I didn’t even release an update and the already installed apps just started to have this issue. So this means it can start happening again even without rebuilding the app in Thunkable.
I think it is not completely been fixed yet, seeing that such bugs still occur randomly to some people.

2 Likes

Same over here :anguished:

1 Like

Staff guys @domhnallohanlon @jane please help!, thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I have built this app to test the variables, and it seems to work?
You can type values into the text input and save them as different kinds of variables.
As you can see in the blocks, the Text Input Text is what is saved as the variables, so please make sure to type something into the text input if you test out this app!

In this app, I can save my variables on Screen1, retrieve them on Screen1, navigate to Screen2, and retrieve the variables on Screen2.

This works for me on Live Testing (Android and iOS), and on a downloaded Android app. I’m just downloading the iOS app now.

Could you try downloading the app and let me know if you can save and retrieve values?
If it doesn’t work, please let me know what device and OS version you have.

If anyone can make a minimal app that demonstrates this behavior (this means an app that demonstrates this behavior and doesn’t do anything else), we’d love to see it and use to to understand this behavior!

I also don’t see the white space with this app specifically, even after force closing and re-opening it. So if anyone does have that issue with this app, I would also like to hear about it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

The keyboard and the variables issue seem to be solved. Lets hope the api 29 update also solves the issues with the app crashing for certain android devices :+1:

2 Likes