Interstitial ads only showing once per session [Nov 2022]

In regards to what was being tested and fixed from my previous message:

The engineering team had been testing an AdMob upgrade–there was something in that upgrade that was causing the Thunkable Live app to crash when interstitial test ads were being called.

Instead of just letting the App crash, they added in some error handling that kept the Live app from crashing and would instead display whatever error message was being presented. I absolutely should have communicated better what was going on here and what we found.

But, in the cases being presented here, there is no error. The ad is showing the first time but not a second. So there is no issue with how the blocks in Thunkable are working. As I had mentioned in another thread:

The reason you are not seeing an ad each time the interstitial is called is likely due to implementation factors involving your app and the engagement from users on that app.

• How long you have been using AdMob
  • How many downloads your app has
  • How many requests for an interstitial there are in your app.
  • How many impressions you are getting on your app and what the match rate % is.

Again, I apologize for the lack of communication on this. I’ve had to do a lot of discovery on my own in working on this issue. I am happy to discuss this further if you like and share more guidance on best practices involving AdMob. For the time being, we do have a nice troubleshooting guide that was posted in our Community a while back and the guidance here still holds true.

1 Like