Interstitial ads only showing once per session [Nov 2022]

hello any update ???

hi bro , any update ?

@conroy33 please update the status of this bug

@conroy33
A gentle reminder. Even if the bug isn’t resolved yet, we would really appreciate not being kept in the dark (and/or ignored). It’s been over a month and it’s not like we’re not paying for this period during which we’re waiting patiently.

2 Likes

so when the bug fix i need to update my app ?

@kizzy @diaa.t.tamimi7if Could you let me know what exact error you are receiving in your apps when the ad is not showing?

1 Like

@conroy33
As explained in my first message in this topic, no error is displayed when i try to show it on a label nothing happens. the “if error” statement is not coming back true for the error to even show.

What’s the update from your side? Last time you said a fix was done and it was being tested by the QA team. Is it successful? and if so, is the build pushed for us to retest this feature?

In regards to what was being tested and fixed from my previous message:

The engineering team had been testing an AdMob upgrade–there was something in that upgrade that was causing the Thunkable Live app to crash when interstitial test ads were being called.

Instead of just letting the App crash, they added in some error handling that kept the Live app from crashing and would instead display whatever error message was being presented. I absolutely should have communicated better what was going on here and what we found.

But, in the cases being presented here, there is no error. The ad is showing the first time but not a second. So there is no issue with how the blocks in Thunkable are working. As I had mentioned in another thread:

The reason you are not seeing an ad each time the interstitial is called is likely due to implementation factors involving your app and the engagement from users on that app.

• How long you have been using AdMob
  • How many downloads your app has
  • How many requests for an interstitial there are in your app.
  • How many impressions you are getting on your app and what the match rate % is.

Again, I apologize for the lack of communication on this. I’ve had to do a lot of discovery on my own in working on this issue. I am happy to discuss this further if you like and share more guidance on best practices involving AdMob. For the time being, we do have a nice troubleshooting guide that was posted in our Community a while back and the guidance here still holds true.

1 Like

Dear @conroy33,

Thanks for replying.

Please note i’ve had my admob account for 2 years (my app is not entirely new but i was using another platform and moved to thunkable)

More importantly, even when trying to use Thunkable’s ad units which are the test units this bug is still present as i mentioned also in some of my previous responses.
Meaning: this problem is not related to an admob account, but the source is the app itself

After a few quick searches, it seems that you need to do 2 things every time an ad is required:
1- call a new ad
2- show the ad
And that in most cases when this issue occurs, is that the developer is trying to “show” the ad but they dont “call” a new ad beforehand. As in the ad is being called only once, which is why the show ad is not enough.
Ofcourse this might not be the case, but this is just the answer i found.

So with regards to the “error not showing so there is no error from thunkable” maybe there is no error in the code itself, but there is a step missing in the code (which in this case might not throw an exception/error but still would be the reason we’re not getting results.

Looking forward to your feedback on my comments.
Thanks

1 Like

Also please accept my request for a quick response, as we’ve been waiting for a month since we reported this bug

1 Like

its more than 1month , and the bug is not fixed yet , There is no issue in admob ,my precedents thunkable apps work 100% perfectely on appstore , and if there is a problem in admob , why thunkable test ads is not working ? i think they dont have answer for this , interstetial is showing 1 time in all application this bug is in thunkable because other platforms work perfectely

@diaa.t.tamimi7if @enzka007 Can you please send me a recording of this behavior you are seeing?

1 Like

@conroy33
Sorry but im not sure how to send you a recording of something that doesn’t happen

Simply create any new project, and while using the thunkable test ad units notice that nothing happens after the first time an interstitial ad is requested

create an exemple for test ads and show me if interstetial are showing perfectely in application !

hello any update ??? there is no error showing , we talk about bug interstetials is not showing , test ads is not working its more than 1 month

hello any update about interstetial bugs

@conroy33 hello any update about interstetial buuuuugs ; helloooo !!!

@enzka007 I understand your frustration. I will do my best to provide you with an answer about the timeline for the bug fix as soon as possible. As people are spending time with family during the holiday season, I will also be grateful for your patience.
Thank you for your understanding!
Happy Holidays🎄!

1 Like

but we pay 200$ for nothing ?? and also thunkable take 10% , this is scam

@ioannis and @conroy33
A gentle reminder for the timeline and updates. We’ve been waiting for a long time.

As you know, the ability to use admob is the only way for us to profit from our apps. Otherwise our apps and all the hard work we’ve done is pointless. We would appreciate giving us clear feedback and clear dates

Thanks for your understanding and support

1 Like