[In Progress] iOS Apps Crash on Launch

Hey @bartcoolsblcvn this was fixed yesterday - did you try doing a hard refresh to make sure you’re on the latest version?

@domhnallohanlon. Testing in Thunkable live is fine but not in the Thunkable app on phone.

Thunkable app on iOS doesn’t work properly yet…

3 Likes

@domhnallohanlon, thanks for your reply. Whenever I test my app on my iPhone (via the Thunkable live app), it keeps crashing, exactly as it did for the last few days.
Testing onscreen in live preview on my laptop seems to work fine. My biggest issue is that I’m working on a few screens using variables and I can’t verify the quality of my design in the live preview (view is very different than what I see on my phone when using the Thunkable app). Please keep me posted as i’m trying to finish an app for a charity organisation that we hope to launch before the Christmas period. Many thanks for your support!

@domhnallohanlon Like @oreeldadln and @bartcoolsblcvn have stated, iOS apps are HARD CRASHING. For me it works in Android and the Thunkable Live app, but the iOS build crashes. It is NOT fixed.

1 Like

Trying to summarize here… please correct me if I’m wrong…

At present:

Web Apps were broken but are working now
Thunkable Live previews on mobile devices works for some, not for others
Downloaded iOS Apps crash immediately

5 Likes

yes i confirm this too

3 Likes

I am currently having issues with the Live Test app on iPadOS 14.2, most particularly, variables. Yesterday, these apps/variables worked perfectly fine.

update thunkable app
I did it and it worked for me

2 Likes

The issue is still the same for me - my app keeps crashing in Thunkable live app on iOS. I hope/trust the team is working on it! Thanks

Guys try to clear cache memory of thunkable live app from your android phone. It helps refreshing the results on screen. Check this, if you don’t see any results after the last update.

2 Likes

Any news from staff??? Ios app crash yet… :triumph:

3 Likes

@domhnallohanlon, I’m sorry to harass you, but would you have any update please? I’m getting very nervous as I need to give an ETA to my client… Thanks!

The current version is v241, which we release last Thursday. Can you please confirm you are using the most up to date version of Thunkable Live?

@mattia.guariglia - are you using the latest version of Thunkable Live?

When does your client need the app? Have you downloaded and installed your project directly on you phone?

I confirm I am on the latest version of Thunkable Live (v241)

2 Likes

@ianphaas Thunkable Live seems to be running fine on iPadOS:

Is the issue with the variables causing your version of Thunkable Live to crash?

1 Like

Thanks.

And is every project crashing, or is it just one project in particular?

Expectation is to have the app fully live by the first week of December. I have published the first version to the AppStore so that it can be tested on TestFlight. I now need to make some changes based on the feedback of my testers, but I’m kind of flying in the dark as I can’t test my changes on Thunkable Live and the view I get on Live Test is very different than what I see on my phone, so the only confident way to test for me is via Thunkable live… Once I have made the changes, the plan is to publish an update so my testers can test again. My client is asking if I can confirm that all will be live by first week of December.

I only have 2 projects and they both are crashing.
It all worked well until a few days ago - not sure if you did an update that is causing this crash?

3 Likes