How to speed up Thunkable live testing update?

hi

if it’s about changing the color of a background that’s fine, on the other hand I use a script thanks to the webviewer and when I modify the script the modifications, although I disconnect from my account and I reconnect, Well I don’t see them
I deleted an instruction that allows to make a backup in my database and the application continues to save as if I had not removed this instruction
it is very frustrating

1 Like

Yes, it is very frustrating. It happens to me every time I use Thunkable Live.

The only consistent workaround I’ve found is to force quit the app first every time I want to test my project.

I wish there was a symbol in the app that would tell you if you were viewing the newest version of the project.

I mentioned this on GitHub two years ago: Thunkable Live doesn't refresh content · Issue #929 · thunkable/thunkable-issues · GitHub

Please post a comment there to let staff know that this is an important issue to fix.

2 Likes

@bibbi @tatiang Appreciate both of you sending over this feedback. We had seen that in v401-3 that the Thunkable app was refreshing as changes to projects were being made.

Is there a specific thing you are doing in your apps, whether that be in the blocks or the design, that is not refreshing unless you force quit and restart the Thunkable Live app?

Thank you both so much!

2 Likes

It’s just really simple things like changing an image or button’s background picture in the properties panel. Or changing a label’s text in the properties panel. I’ll click Live Test and then wait 30 seconds, click it again, repeat, and it doesn’t seem to update. Then I’ll force-quite Thunkable Live and re-open it. It immediately shows the up-to-date version of the project.

2 Likes

hi

hey

as I pointed out in my comment when it comes to modifying a background color, the change takes place quite quickly. on the other hand in my application I use scripts that I load as assets and when I modify them and that I download again it is as if I had not made any modification

1 Like

I face the same issue all the time and I use an idiot trick to overcome it. Thunkable Live app will detect the change eventually but to make it visible for me and know the changes has taken effect I place a label or any other simple component in the screen and with every change I do I either make this label visible or invisible and then all I need to do is watch my mobile screen and when the label shows or hides I know the app has refreshed and changes were affected. Tedious but working all the time.

2 Likes

Yeah, I considered adding a timestamp in a label so I could know for sure. But ultimately, any of these workarounds shouldn’t be needed… we really just need the app to be updated consistently. Obviously that’s not a simple matter.

1 Like

And just to confirm, you all are seeing this with Thunkable Live v401-3?

1 Like

It says Version 401 on my iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 16.3.1.

2 Likes

Yep, I’m seeing the same. It definitely slows things down.
Using 401-3 on android Oneplus 8 Pro

Yes, I see the same. Today I was testing how to use Deep AI API for a member of the community and the delay was very noticeable.

@nathanburley21656 @muneer Thank you both for adding to this! We’re working on getting the issue isolated currently. I’ll keep updating everyone here as we get closer toward releasing any kind of fix. Appreciate your patience!

2 Likes

Three current problems:

1. Forums login is required over and over again as in the recent past. It doesn’t remember that I’ve logged in that same day.

2. Thunkable Live app (401 and 402) requires that I log in to it every single time I foreground the app. So if I Live Test a project, switch apps, and switch back to Thunkable Live, it makes me login with Google again.

3. The browser is not saving projects reliably. I’ve lost work three times in the past 24 hours. I’ll work for half an hour, Live Test and realize it’s not updating – which is hard to tell because of the reasons above… even when the browser does save properly, it doesn’t always show those changes in Thunkable Live – and then try to close or reload the browser tab and see a message that says changes will be lost.

1 Like

@tatiang -

1. This may be related to 2 but thanks for flagging! We may also have to look at discourse itself.

2. We had to make some changes to Google SSO specifically and the “silent” login broke as a result. We have a fix ready for testing and, if all goes well, that fix will go out with our next release (hopefully mid-next week).

3. Our platform saves every 5 seconds so I am a little unsure how you could be working for that long without it saving. The new popup that asks if you want to want to leave before changes are saved fires when we detect unsaved changes but again, that would usually only be in a case where you made a change and then quickly tried to close your browser tab.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Not saving changes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.