Can Thunkable Live be fixed so it updates properly?

In the past, I would have to force-quit Thunkable Live on my iPhone 13 Pro occasionally to ensure that the newest changes I made to a project were displayed. It would sometimes cache older versions of the project I was working on.

Recently, it seems that I have to force-quit Thunkable every time I want to display an updated version after I make any small change to the project (renaming a label, resizing a container, etc.).

And worse, it used to be that force-quitting always reset to the newest/current project version. It no longer does.

Below is a link to a video showing what’s happening (the video has no sound). I’m screen-mirroring my iPhone. You can see that when I first click Live Test, nothing happens and the alert doesn’t go away. This happens frequently, too. After I force-quit and re-open Thunkable Live, I can then test on my phone. But then I never get the current version of the project. The current version has a screen in a navigator with a blue background and black drop-down menu. You can see it at the 0:50 mark. The phone is showing a white drop-down menu on a gray screen. That’s an older version of the project that no longer exists.

https://watch.screencastify.com/v/TBrgMP2i5HdsHEkwSmS1

Are other people having this issue?

1 Like

@tatiang I’ll have to look into this for you as I am not able to recreate the same issue on my end, also running with v403 of the iOS Live app.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if it’s a browser cache issue so I’ll try clearing that but it happens on two different machines so I’m not convinced that will do the trick.

I’m using Thunkable Live v403.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.