Google API Level 31 is required now [Aug 2022]

I just tried publishing to google play and came across this error.
“Your app currently targets API level 30 and must target at least API level 31 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your app’s target API level to at least 31.”

A quick search here seems to indicate that thunkable is always be behind on updating this whenever google makes the change. Is there an eta when this will be resolved?

FYI - I am using classic because the drag and drop builder is incredibly lacking in features for creating proper app layouts.

9 Likes

Just made you a beta tester per your email request! Join the convo here

Watch the release notes. We likely will announce when this happens via an announcement.

1 Like

I don’t mean to sound rude, but “Watch the release notes” isn’t even really an answer. That sounds like it hasn’t even been started yet. Publishing to the app and play stores is one of the core functionalities that we pay for. I’d actually say it’s the single most important functionality because without it thunkable is just another web builder like everyone else.

I received the beta invite. But can DnD apps even publish to the play store right now? I’d hate to convert and (what I expect) spend a lot of time fixing things that don’t convert correctly only to find out that none of thunkable can publish to android atm.

Upon googling on the API level 31. Its not required until November. So if thats the case I am not sure why it’s blocking you.

Starting in November 2022, app updates must target API level 31 or above and adjust for behavioral changes in Android 12; except for Wear OS apps, which must target API level 30 or higher.

https://developer.android.com/google/play/requirements/target-sdk

31 is required for new apps right now. It’s not required for updates until Nov. Since this a new app, I can’t publish it at all.

2 Likes

I just converted my project to use drag and drop. A past post seemed to indicate that the api updates weren’t necessarily applied to both the classic and drag/drop editors at the same time so I figured it was worth a shot. But I got the same error. So Thunkable has no way to publish a new app to the play store right now. @jared please let me know the timeline that this will be resolved as this seems to be a major failing by thunkable that a core feature is entirely broken.

4 Likes

Wow. I’m so sorry for the nonchalant message before @jon.fawcett8aghe , I know we’re working on it. I didn’t realize that cutoff day was today! :man_facepalming:

I am pinging the team to investigate further!

6 Likes

I waiting

[Update]

We are actively working on this update. Thank you for your patience, all. If you are publishing updates, you should still be able to do so.

3 Likes

I finished an application. I am facing sam issue of the API. need support

They are currently working on it. They should provide an update soon

2 Likes

Your app currently targets API level 30 and must target at least API level 31 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your app’s target API level to at least 31. Learn More

Release details

As of 8/9/2022 I get this response when trying to upload an app to Google Play
Your app currently targets API level 30 and must target at least API level 31 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your app’s target API level to at least 31.

Any updates on an ETA?

2 Likes

Just working on updating the last couple of modules now (this is a significant update!) and then once it’s been tested - and provided it passes all tests - it should be ready for release @jon.fawcett8aghe. In terms of an ETA I would say we’re looking at days rather than weeks at this stage.

We’ve made a note of everyone who as enquired about this to date so you’ll be notified as soon as this comes out.

7 Likes

I am facing with same problem. I can not public my new app right now. Please update as soon as possible.
Thanks Thunkable team!

hi

i was importing my app bundle and i got this message

Your application currently targets API level 30. However, it should target at least API level 31 in order to rely on the latest APIs optimized for increased security and improved performance. Change your app’s target API level to target at least level 31.

what should i do ?

1 Like

See this post

1 Like

Hi

Thanks

On the other hand, I don’t know who to contact to find out when we can retrieve the iOS versions of our applications from Thunkable.

This post might help you.