Google API Level 31 is required now [Aug 2022]

Hi.
Do we have an ETA on this yet?
I wanted to release a new app now, that I have spent a lot of time on developing.
We are paying for a service, this should have been resolved a long time ago, as it was reported 7days ago.

Is there no option that we can change it from our side?
Or a possible work around for this API level 30 upgrade to 31 issue?

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thanks all for sharing your experience on community. We appreciate your patience. Our engineering team is working day in and day out to get this resolved - we want to make sure we are being thorough when releasing this update.

We have already started to test some of our updates in the last few days, and they are going well so far. We have a few more iterations left to go and more tests to perform this week. Our goal is to have something out for beta before end of month.

In the meantime, please feel free to share any feedback directly with me or in the forum here. I really appreciate your patience as the team works on this!

Best,
Cassandra

6 Likes

@cassandra @jared @domhnallohanlon any update on when the new API level will be released?

2 Likes

Any update ?

1 Like

So I don’t know if I speak for everyone on this but, I am having the same issues with the API 30 level not being API 31. So I recently upgraded to pro membership. Within the pro membership it says that it will allow me to publish my app to the play store as well as other functions. I would like a free month of pro as well as everyone else get one month free due to the fact that your an app creating business that can’t publish apps. So long story short this means Thunkable is technically stealing from all member with this promise in their membership. this issue goes all the way back to 8-8-22.
Now we are on 8-22-22 , 14 days later with the same issues. Please correct this for all of us that paid for a promise.

3 Likes

I have already directly requested this as well.

I think i speak for all members when I say just fix the API Level bug and patch it than worry about additional problems. Right now your service literally doesn’t work. Please.

1 Like

I totally agree…

When will be this issue resolved

Hello everyone,
I’ve been working with Thunkable for 4 years now and if I remember correctly, this problem occurred every year. I should be ashamed of myself for forgetting this predictable event, and next year I will surely put new apps in the Google Play Store at the end of July, even if they are far from ready, just to have a way to make updates until November.
On the other hand, what about Thunkable? Are you able to prepare updates for new API layers so they can be tested and delivered faster? I’m pretty sure we’ll see the next “your API is XX, but you must have YYY” message in August 2023.
Please be prepared for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I followed a tutorial posted here and it worked, but they deleted it… I hope they fix it soon, because it was hard.
I don’t know why they deleted it, if the tutorial works and can help other people like me!

1 Like

If they really cared about “Thunkable” they would have hired an expert to fix their bugs after realizing they don’t have the skill to fix it in time 3 weeks ago. They care more about themselves than making sure they keep this website operational. So if they have even 500 pro member at 45 dollars a month. That means 22,500 dollars is sliding into pockets of thieves that won’t simply hire an EXPERT (Which staff claims to be.) But instead they would rather watch all their customers go somewhere else due to horrible management. Everyone has access to google including the management team to hire out an expert. All I keep reading is excuses after excuses why they can’t do their jobs proper in a timely manner to guarantee that customers (Business Owners, Independent workers) don’t abandon this service. These actions are disrespectful to the highest degree, to make paying customers wait almost an entire month for a service that is literally broken. Top priority should have been and should always be making sure the service actually works before you have “God knows how many you have pissed off” hard working individuals pay for a pro or business membership to have it be utterly useless. I speak for all when I say everyone should be getting refunded for these disrespectful and negligent actions going on within your Thunkable Staff. This isn’t our mistake this is your’s, own it and don’t make all of us hard working individuals pay for your staff mistakes. (Actions Speak Louder Than Words) - AKA Fix It

@jared @cassandra @domhnallohanlon @wei

Hello,

I am also disappointed, I am an independent developer, a PRO user for 40 months, this month I had to deliver an app to a client, I lost months of work and in the end when it was time to go live, thunkable was not exporting my app ready for be published on play store. I never thought that the service for which I pay month to month would fail. My losses have been monetary, emotionally it has affected me more than necessary, and it has also been a loss of reputation.

Membership prices have multiplied x2, but with these flaws, it’s not worth it. You still can’t trust thunkable to be your development platform.

The worst, you don’t even get apologies from technical support, they redirect you with a link to this forum. The less we can think of a retribution for our losses.

Greetings.

3 Likes

So you knew this was a problem for 4 years…

I think that Google’s change in requested API level took place every year in August. I’m not shure why but I would like Thunkable Team to investigate here. And Thunkable should send out warnings to us, the developers, right on time.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your patience as our engineering team works on updating our platform to allow you to publish your new Android apps. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We will continue to share updates with you here on this thread.

Tomorrow afternoon, our engineering team will begin to release the solution in two phases:

1. On August 25th, 3pm PST – You can opt-in to publishing your Android 12 app on API level 31 within the publishing process in Thunkable. This option is going to be released in Beta, as we are still going through QA. We will share more details once this is released. All functionality will be available but you will have to ‘opt in’ since this is still in testing.

2. Next week - After successful internal testing, we will fully release the updated Google Play Store publishing abilities. Stay tuned for more updates here.

In summary, before the end of week, you will be able to publish your Android app with API target level 31.

Please let me know if you have any questions and we appreciate your patience.

Best,
Cassandra

2 Likes

Hello Cassandra

It is the same problem that I posted right?

I understand that the bug is being worked on, I understand… But once again overlooking customers and their voices again. I’m sure that all the customers lost due to this bug is no big deal to you guys, but there are several people in these comments in this forum that lost either wages or customers due to staff negligence. So are you guys going to accommodate the customers of thunkable that lost out on wages or customers due to a massive error that was not our fault but your own? Or are you guys going to own it. As of right now, legal lawsuits can and probably will be put in place against thunkable, mainly because everytime we ask for a free month or money back you sleep on these comments and rake in the money. We lost out! The customer! Not your horrible and slow staff. Feel free to ignore me again. It won’t stop customer rage or class lawsuits. If we don’t get a response in regards to a free month or refunds, our company will gladly file a class action lawsuit and get all of your thunkable customers on board. (Your customers are reading these posts too.) We will wait for your staff to grow a pair and handle this responsibly. FYI, felony charges for money theft of this magnitude. Think on it. But im already doing the paperwork for class action, we will see if we the customers need it. Your patch doesn’t fix all of the lose on our side. Currently gathering all your staff’s personal info due to the fact that all of you are stealing from customers by not acknowledging our concerns but just typing nonsense about bugs and patches never responding on our refund requests or even a free month. We didn’t lie to the public of promises of services, you guys did.

2 Likes

And for the updates. The customer needed a patch, not a weekly update on nonsense weekly for 1 whole month. Actions speak louder than words. As of right now and the past month. Your just giving us another pretty message to read like you guys did every single week this month. Just another message to distract from horrible staff and your lack of ability to be a staff member that fixes bugs in a timely manner. Also no mention of giving customers their money back due to no service for a month. Is it possible to talk to the staff members that know what they are talking about. Or even coders that know? It seems the staff could barely walk and chew gum at the same time let alone fix a single bug.