Google AdMob update

Hi Thunkers!

I wanted to share some context and requirements around consent management updates for AdMob.

First of all, this impacts creators using AdMob who have end users in the UK and EEA
(EU countries + Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway).

Beginning January 16th, 2024, Google will require all publishers serving ads to EEA and UK end users to use a Google-certified Consent Management Platform (CMP). You can use any Google-certified CMP for this purpose, including Google’s own consent management solution. Additional details here.

Thunkable took care of this change so that every app using AdMob includes this consent management.

For existing published apps, Google messaged the following: “If I don’t publish a consent message by the deadline, Google will attempt to publish a default consent message for me using an interstitial or app open ad unit, when possible.”

NEXT STEPS:

Publish an update for your app on Google Play and App Store for these changes to take effect.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this change.

What can you expect to see?

Automatically, when you open the AdMob platform, a pop-up window appears where you can select the first option to create a GDPR consent message.

When your European users will open your app they will see the following alert message:

2 Likes