Android 13 and advertising

I uploaded an app (.aab) to the Play Console and got a warning saying…

Apps targeting Android 13 or later that use an advertising ID must include the com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission in the manifest file.

Is it possible that the AdMob SDK is not up to date when building the aab or is it a generic warning for everyone?
If it is due to the SDK, will it be corrected or from next year we will have problems with the applications?

Thank you.

1 Like

@ooyamaneko We are doing some updates to AdMob on Expo currently, let me flag this to engineering in case something with the SDK did go awry when updating.

@ooyamaneko Do you have another apps on the Play Store with this message? Is this a new app you are just publishing now or making an update?

I’ve recently released two new apps on the Play Store and both times I got the same warning.

I have sent an update to an application right now and this time I did NOT get the warning. If it happens to me in future versions, I’ll comment again and put a screenshot.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.