Google AdMob Error messages - GMA SDK update

Apart from the fact that the developers of the platform have to change the version of GMA SDK 7.64.0, do I need to change anything?

1 Like

We are working on it.

Wei

3 Likes

Will you let us know when this is ready?

i confirm that too

1 Like

Hi @wei, I was just wondering if this has been fixed. I have published an update of my app but I still get this message in my Admob account. Is it due to the fact that AdMob requires a bit of time to recognizer and process the update or is it still to be fixed?
Thanks!

Hi Tommaso,

We are still working on this issue at the moment.

1 Like

Waiting for the update too. While unfixed, I had zero impressions out of thousand requests. I hope they will fix soon.

1 Like

Hi @Domingo_Tambasacan, looking at our other partners their earnings have not dropped off like this - are there any other warnings in your account?

Thanks

1 Like

Perhaps this issue applies for newly updated or submitted apps. My app is new but I could at least see a single banner, or a few impression from the admob analytics, but there is none. I guess it has something to do with the GMA SDK which warns

“Some of your iOS apps require a GMA SDK update To keep ads serving normally and minimize a loss in ad revenue, implement the GMA SDK 7.64.0 (or later) for your iOS apps. And configure the SKAdNetwork in your apps with Google’s network ID.”

in my Admob account.

1 Like

Oh, if it’s a newly submitted app you’re unlikely to see any ads for the first few days.

No, this is just due to the fact that it’s a new app.

How many users do you have at the moment? Is your app published in the App Store or Play Store or both?

1 Like

Oh I see, I guess I have 100+ users at the moment. My app on Thunkable was only published in App Store. Well then, I should patiently wait for a week. Thank you and I will update for some progress.

2 Likes

Hi there,

We have just added Apple’s Advertising Identifier (IDFA) to the iOS build server.

Since both of these messages concern iOS apps, can you try updating your iOS apps with this update and see if this resolves them?

1 Like

Thank you! We will update our apps and will give you feedback.

1 Like

So after 2 days of updating my app, the warning on my Admob is still visible. It requires GMA SDK 7.64.0 (or later) which I only have 7.55.1. The error that shows on my ad unit is:

“Error Domain=com.google.ads Code=1 “Request Error: No ad to show.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Request Error: No ad to show., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Request Error: No ad to show.”

Since I published my app, I cant see any impressions in admob. What I did so far:

1. Created another ad unit, same error.
  2. Enabled the test mode for the ad, same error.
  3. Use the test ads from Admob, the ad appears.
  4. On Companion, the ad seems to be fine.

Fortunately, I was able to research on how to configure the “Data Types” on App Store Connect. These includes Third-Party Advertising and Analytics. Few hours from there, I can already see impressions on my Admob account.

I am not sure which one made the ads to appear. I am simply happy about it.

1 Like

Same for me here. Still have the waning messages in Admob.

Please let us know if there something we should do to fix it.

Thank you!

Hi @jane,

I just wanted to follow up on my message above. I still have these issues in my Admob account.

Considering it seems you said this should have been fixed, could you please let us know if there anything we should do from our side to fix this?

Please let us know. Thanks!

Hi friends,

We updated our software packages successfully and your newly packaged app should come with the latest GMA SDK.

There are couple new project level AdMobs settings -

• iOS App ID
  • Android App ID
  • Tracking USage Description (iOS Only)

You will get the iOS/Android App ID when you create the AdMob Ad Unit.

Best,
Wei

5 Likes

Thanks for the update, Wei!

For anyone reading, here’s where you can find more info:
May 12, 2021 Release Notes
Project Settings: AdMob Settings
AdMob: Getting Started

5 Likes