"get Value From for row id" isn't working. Why?

Hello!

When I click on a Data Viewer List row, and try to set an APP variable with the value of the row id, using the “get value From” component, it just freeze the application (the next block “navigate” never executed). Check the block below:

Captura de tela de 2021-10-25 11-04-44

If I put an alert message to show the ROW ID value I have this return:

But the interesting thing is when I replaced the “row id” parameter in the “get value from” to “1”, the system goes ahead calling the “navigate” block! Look the screen below:

Captura de tela de 2021-10-25 11-41-52

Note I put an alert to show the result of this “get value from” using this “1” instead “row id”, and the block returns the right column content, and calls the “navigate” block!

As far I know, the row id is not an index, so what is wrong? Why the thunkable “freezes” the processing when using “row id”, and don’t freeze when I put the “1” parameter instead?

Did the development team made some change in the “get Value From” component functionality, this is a bug, or a mistake from my side?

Please advise!

Regards.

1 Like

You are using a Data Viewer. The row ID green block gives you the row ID of the table bound to the Data Viewer. It seems you are trying to get the value from a different table than the one bound to the Data Viewer and therefore will result with an error because this row ID does not exist in the table DS_CONTRATOS.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Yes… you are right!

For some reason that I don’t know, the Data Viewer lost the name of the Datasource in the Design Tab, replacing for a strange sequence of chars (maybe an internal reference)!

I experienced this kind of “connection issue” already when I changed the data source columns, so looks that happened again!

Thank you for your help!

1 Like