App Tracking Transparency permission request

Dear Thunkable community I have a problem with one of my apps that I need to update on IOS. I was unable to submit the App for review because App store connect was giving me this error: Unable to Submit for Review

The items below are required to start the review process: Your app contains NSUserTrackingUsageDescription.

I was able to send the App for review by changing the privacy on the App Store Connect by following this link:

[Solved] Can not publish to iOS, problem with NSUserTrackingUsageDescription which is not used - #8 by dlmetzgerbcch

Unfortunately, however, my App was rejected for this reason:

Thank you for submitting your items for review.

We noticed an issue with your submission that requires your attention.

App Name: ANNARITA VITALI Vintage Bijoux

We look forward to working with you to resolve the issues with the following items:

App Version

3.2 for iOS

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

We’re looking forward to completing our review, but we need more information to continue. Your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework, but we are unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request when reviewed on iOS 15.4.

Next Steps

Please explain where we can find the App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app….

What should I do? I have checked here on the community but I have not found anything decisive solution.

My App does not collect user data.

Thanks Francesco

What does your app do?

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help it’s a simple contacts app:
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/fb6dcc86913f2acb06d258695aba3152

Looks like it does at a quick glance. you are giving the opportunity for a user to enter data and you then transmit the data to a server.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer.

What should I say in my Tracking Usage Description?
For example:
“We give the opportunity to a user to enter data within the App and then transmit the data to a server.”

It could go well?

There are examples of what to include in a data privacy policy here:

2 Likes

Thank you,
I follow the apple guidelines and i have filled my Tracking Usage Description in fact I was able to successfully submit my app for review.
But unfortunately my app was rejected again, Don’t understand what I still have to do?

Thank you for submitting your items for review. We noticed an issue with your submission that requires your attention.

We look forward to working with you to resolve the issues with the following items:

App Version

3.2 for iOS

Hello,

Thank you for your resubmission, but we still need additional information before we can continue our review.

Please reply to this message in App Store Connect with detailed answers to the questions below.

We’re looking forward to completing our review, but we are still unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request when reviewed on iOS 15.4.

Next Steps

Please explain where we can find the App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app. The request should appear before any data is collected that could be used to track the user.

If you’ve implemented App Tracking Transparency but the permission request is not appearing on devices running the latest OS, please review the available documentation and confirm App Tracking Transparency has been correctly implemented.

If your app does not track users, update your app privacy information in App Store Connect to undeclare tracking. You must have the Account Holder or Admin role to update app privacy information.

Resources

For details, next steps, and to ask questions about these issues, please visit the App Review page in App Store Connect.

Best regards,
App Store Review

They are saying that you need to ask the user for their permission to track their data:

1 Like

Thanks for your help.
I have already filled in all the data required by Apple for privacy (I am attaching screenshots with permission to track data compiled on the App Store Connect) but I don’t understand what I have to do yet.

I also asked Apple for help to understand where I still need to intervene:

Dear Apple Review Staff ,
thanks for your work and for your help.

I have carefully read your article sent to me.
When I developed my App a few years ago I was advised by Apple to insert a Live Chat and an Appointment format within the App, without which they would not have been able to approve my app because it would have been too similar to a website, being the App Store a special place where applications must have unique content that cannot be found within a site.
For this reason I believe that the problem of the App Tracking Transparency request is given by the appointment section within the App where the user is asked to enter data to make an appointment (the data entered by the user is sent to Firebase).
I have entered in my AppTracking Usage Description:
“We give the opportunity to a user to enter data within the App and then transmit the data to a server. Specifically, we have included in the App a screen to make an appointment where the user can enter data such as: Name, Surname, Address, Telephone and Email that will be sent to our firebase and will be used in order to be able to take an appointment.”.
I will try to send the App again after I have updated the privacy information and if this time too it does not go well I ask you to please contact me by phone to explain how exactly to do it.

Thank you,
Francesco Veratti Apple Developer

I’m still having problem…
Can someone help me?

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your items for review. We noticed an issue with your submission that requires your attention.

App Version

3.2 for iOS

We are still unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request when reviewed on iOS 15.4.

Next Steps

Please explain where we can find the App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app. The request should appear before any data is collected that could be used to track the user.

If you’ve implemented App Tracking Transparency but the permission request is not appearing on devices running the latest OS, please review the available documentation and confirm App Tracking Transparency has been correctly implemented.

If your app does not track users, update your app privacy information in App Store Connect to undeclare tracking. You must have the Account Holder or Admin role to update app privacy information.

As per your request, we have scheduled a call with an Apple representative to discuss your app’s review. We anticipate calling within 3 to 5 business days.

To ensure we have the correct contact information, please verify the phone number listed in the App Review Information section of this app’s Version Information page in App Store Connect is up-to-date.

For details, next steps, and to ask questions about these issues, please visit the App Review page in App Store Connect.

Best regards,
App Store Review

It looks like you’ve asked for permission to track location. Did you include a tracking string in the app settings or in the publishing wizard?

My app doesn’t track the location. But I am forced in Apple’s privacy settings to tick the location tracking in order to publish the data collection of the App.
(Please see screenshot)
d5320b5c-97ed-4678-ba2a-34136ef1da18
71aef9d6-66fd-40c6-a637-d1a87a71f669

It looks like you checked the box for “Precise location.” Why would you check that if you’re not collecting that information? Just leave it unchecked.

The problem is that on the App Store Connect site I cannot publish the privacy data if I do not select precise location, i can’t leave it unchecked.

2b12b9c9-ac64-4a83-b29e-61d9b2790129

Can someone help me?
In a few days I will be contacted by Apple support to solve the problem i need a specific solution for my case.
Thank you.

Dear Apple staff review,
Thanks for your work.
I am sending you this new update to solve the problem you reported to me regarding:
App Tracking Transparency permission request.
In this new update, I have inserted inside the app two alerts that warn the user that the data he will enter in the App will be recorded in our firebase.
Specifically when you enter the contact section by pressing the two buttons “Live Chat” and "Appointment"these two alerts will be displayed which the user must confirm to continue:

1. We need your consent to enter the data in the App and then transmit them to a server. Specifically, you are about to access a screen in the App to make an appointment where the user can enter data such as: Name, Surname, Address, Telephone and Email that will be sent to our firebase and will be used to make an appointment.
  2. You are about to enter in a screen containing a live chat. All the data you’ll write in the live chat will be transmitted to one of our firebases to be able to reply in real time.
    I hope these changes will solve the problem, otherwise I am waiting for your support call to solve this problem together.
    Thank you for your help.
    Best regards,
    Francesco Veratti Developer

If they reject the current build,Can you try throwing a webviewer in the app somewhere. You don’t need to enter a url. Make it 1 x 1 pixel and place it in the corner of any screen. Then include your privacy string in the app settings. Then push a new version for publishing if they say they still can’t find the alert. That should trigger what they want. And if that’s the case we may need to make some changes on our side so that users can manually trigger that.

Hello,

Submission ID: 2fa18597-7fae-453f-88bb-4bc847dc374a

App Version

3.2 for iOS

Hello,

Thank you for your resubmission. Upon further review, we identified an additional issue that needs your attention. See below for more information.

If you have any questions, we are here to help. Reply to this message in App Store Connect and let us know.

We’re looking forward to completing our review but to continue we need more information about your app’s custom prompt for data collection and tracking.

Next Steps

Please review the following questions and provide as much detailed information as you can for each question.

1. Does your app collect any personally identifiable information?
  2. Is the data collected by your app shared with any third-party data brokers?
  3. Is the data collected by your app linked with third-party data for marketing or advertising purposes?

Once you reply to this message in App Store Connect with the requested information, we can proceed with your review.

Please see attached screenshot for details.

Best regards,
App Store Review

Dear Apple Review Staff,
Thanks for your help.
I answer the 3 questions you asked me:

1. No, my App does not collect personal identification information but only data that the user can optionally enter (such as name, surname, email address and telephone number) in case he wants to make an appointment.
  2. No, the data collected by my app are not shared with any third-party data brokers.
  3. No the data collected by my app are not linked with third-party data for marketing or advertising purposes. Specifically, the data entered in the Live Chat are only used to give the user more information about our business.

I hope that this information is exhaustive to allow you to successfully finish the review of the App, otherwise I kindly ask you to contact me by phone to be able to explain verbally what I have written to you and to be able to take advantage of your help.

Thank you,
Good job.
Best regards
Francesco Veratti Developer

Hello Francesco,

We appreciate your response and have scheduled a call with an Apple representative to discuss your app’s review. We anticipate calling within 3 to 5 business days.

To ensure we have the correct contact information, please verify the phone number listed in the App Review Information section of this app’s Version Information page in App Store Connect is up-to-date.

Best regards,

App Store Review