App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app

Apple is rejecting my app and require this .
“Please explain where we can find the App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app.”

I have published several apps and all of them have some kind of tracking. But never run into this.
Is it not so, that Thunkable make sure a dialog opens with a note that this tracking is made, if i said it will?

Is tere anyone having an idea ?

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

We’re looking forward to completing our review, but we need more information to continue. Your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework, but we are unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request when reviewed on iOS 17.4.

Next Steps

Please explain where we can find the App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app. The request should appear before any data is collected that could be used to track the user.

If you’ve implemented App Tracking Transparency but the permission request is not appearing on devices running the latest operating system, please review the available documentation and confirm App Tracking Transparency has been correctly implemented.

If your app does not track users, update your app privacy information in App Store Connect to not declare tracking. You must have the Account Holder or Admin role to update app privacy information.

Resources

@stefansladdeneng1 Sorry you ran into this, it is hard to tell why Apple is not seeing the tracking description. Can you confirm you have entered it in the project settings

And in the Publishing Wizard?

Hi matthew
Yes it is actually in both placed
First in the settings page and in the last process step. Cant send screenshot now but yes its there…
Thanks

PS: I wrote to apple explaining exactly what you said - and attached an image. I let you know the outcome… (If they reject again i have asked for a manual feedback on what is actually expected)

Hello @stefansladdeneng1
Do you have any of the following features inside your project?
AdMob, Push Notifications, Location Sensor, Web Viewer, or Open Link Blocks

You can find more information about Tracking Usage Description in our docs: Tracking Usage Description - Thunkable Docs

Hello, Yes. Admob and it is mentioned in the box required…

Hello @stefansladdeneng1
Thanks for the quick response
Would it be possible to send me a link for your project in a private message?

Hello @stefansladdeneng1
Thank you for sharing your project in a private message.
It seems that AdMob isn’t implemented properly.
To add an Interstitial ad to your app:

1. Go to your Blocks tab

2. Click on the icon next to the Ads drawer of blocks

3. Select AdMob Interstitial

Then add the Show Ad block after the appropriate event in your app.

You can find more information about AdMob in our docs: Ads by AdMob | Drag and Drop | Thunkable Docs

I know how to do it - But is just haven’t added the ads yet…
Does that matter ??

Yes, after you connect the AdMob component the Tracking permission request will appear.

OK Got it… Tks…

PS - Now i have to submit my app again to the Thunkable AdMob team. I think i read somewhere that If the admob account it self does not change i should be able to continue with other apps without review. Right? Do you know anything of this?
You have already the project so you can look at it and i have implemented admob in other apps…
so i guess i should be ok ?

Or do i understand this wrong…? :smiley:

Hello @stefansladdeneng1
You will need to submit every new app you implement AdMob.
The steps for submitting a new AdMob application and getting your app approved are here: Ads by AdMob | Drag and Drop | Thunkable Docs

If you already have an AdMob account and have already joined Thunkable’s MCM network the approval is quicker.

Have you had the chance to submit this particular app to the AdMob team yet?

I will have to submit THIS app tonight - Otherwise i am already up and running with Admob through this…

Hi. I’m having the same problem. I implemented ATT in the same way as I did in an application I published before. However, this time I was rejected because it did not appear in 17.4. If you solved it, can you tell me how you solved it?

Hi Ioannis…
Sent it for review last night. taking time obviously. Do ytou know where i can push… I would really like to have it sorted before WE. :smiley:

Hello @stefansladdeneng1
Thank you for submitting your app.
The Admob team has reviewed your submission and you should have received an email with additional instructions.