Thunkable app rejected for App Tracking Transparency issues

Hi all,

I hope everyone’s well! I’m having some issues with Apple’s App Tracking Transparency requirements, and was wondering if anyone could help. Thanks in advance!

Steps already taken:

The app contains push notifications, links which can open external websites and a location sensor also. Therefore, steps already taken are:

• Tracking Usage Description (both in App Settings and in the Publishing Wizard) and all iOS Permissions filled out on Thunkable.
  • Published in App Store Connect’s App Privacy section that the app uses Location (Coarse Location) and Usage Data (Product Interaction) to track users.

I’ve followed all of @jared’s very helpful advice in iOS publishing & NSUserTrackingUsageDescription Issues - but nonetheless, the app has still been rejected. I’ve copied in Apple’s full rejection message below:

“Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing
The app privacy information you provided in App Store Connect indicates you collect data in order to track the user, including Coarse Location. However, you do not use App Tracking Transparency to request the user’s permission before tracking their activity.

Starting with iOS 14.5, apps on the App Store need to receive the user’s permission through the AppTrackingTransparency framework before collecting data used to track them. This requirement protects the privacy of App Store users.

Next Steps
Here are two ways to resolve this issue:

Resources

I’d really appreciate it if anyone had any ideas that could help me - despite reading around, I’m pretty stuck. Thanks again in advance!

1 Like

Sorry for the delays, I missed this previously.

if you download the app from testflight after having deleted it, do you see these permission requests?

1 Like

Hi - no worries at all!

I’ve just downloaded the app from Testflight after having deleted it and didn’t see any permission requests other than one asking whether the app could send me notifications.

I’m still not quite sure why though - is there something I’m missing that I have to fill out either on Thunkable or on App Store Connect?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.