Airtable's API keys will be deprecated by Airtable

Hello Thunkers,
Effective February 1, 2024, Airtable will no longer support connections via API keys. If your apps fit into one of the following categories you will need to transition to an Airtable connection via OAuth:

• uses Airtable blocks on Snap to Place
  • connected as a data source via API key
  • doing API calls to Airtable

To help you with this transition, we created a new Airtable block called “authorization header for” and it is available for both StP and DnD projects.

To use this block in your project you should have at least one AirtatAble Data Source connected with OAuth.

Each Airtable Data Source shares the same token and this block always returns an active Authorization Header.

Here are some examples:

You can find more information about Authorization Header For Block here in our Docs: Airtable Data Source - Thunkable Docs

Please keep in mind that you may need to do a hard refresh of your browser for the changes to take effect in your project.

If your downloaded or published app is affected by this change, you will need to re-download or re-publish your app for these changes to take effect.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback for us.

1 Like

Am I understanding correctly that we can still access Airtable through its API as long as we change our authentication method?

Hmm so i going have to ad that block now?.. aahg …i will wait and see what happens with my app i am, not using web api block just data source so where do i ad this authorization block?

Exactly

Hello @kizzy
This doesn’t affect the Data Source blocks if connected your app to Airtable by OAuth
So you don’t need to worry about this change.

Thank You

1 Like

Hey what’s wrong? I have OAuth with Airtable also.

Hello @doctorsof
The API call inside the “api” function should work. If not, could you please share the message you received as an error?

The Airtable block inside the “online” function is deprecated and it shouldn’t work anymore