I recieved one of email from Airtable Team I Reminder: Airtable API Key Deprecation

You’re receiving this reminder because you are still using a legacy Airtable API Key. Starting August 1, users will no longer be able to create new API keys.

In January we launched new API authentication methods, personal access tokens and OAuth integrations, which are replacing legacy Airtable API keys.
The timeline for the Airtable API key deprecation is below:
February 2023: Provided API Key deprecation notice
August 1st, 2023: Users will no longer be able to create new API keys
February 1st, 2024 (next year): Existing API keys cannot be used to access the Airtable API
How does this impact you? API keys (and therefore, any integration that used them to connect with Airtable) will continue to work until February 1st 2024. However, to ensure continued access to the Airtable API, you will need to start exclusively using the new authentication methods before February 1st 2024.

If you or a developer on your team has used an Airtable API key to build API integrations with Airtable, please migrate to using personal access tokens to authenticate your API requests before February 1st 2024. Your API key usage can be directly replaced with a personal access token provided as an Authorization: Bearer header.

If your API Key use is with a third-party integration, we recommend using OAuth for authentication. Please note that we are working with our integration partners to migrate to OAuth. If you are unsure how to set up OAuth for a specific partner or OAuth is not currently available for that partner, we recommend you contact their team for details on when it will be available.

So what can i do from now?

Hi @doctorsof, thanks for reaching out. I will work on getting a new update but I can confirm our Product team is aware of this issue and working on a viable solution for when existing keys can no longer be used starting February 1, 2023.

We’ll provide more updates here as we get them.

Thank you!

2 Likes

OAuth Integration is now available for Airtable, please see the below announcement:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.