Airtable and List

Sorry if this sounds rather simple, but I just can’t seem to figure out how this is not working…

I’m trying to access a list of values from my Airtable database, I thought something like this would do the trick, but just can’t seem to get it to work…

Is the below the correct way to use “list of values”? I’ve also tried the List Insert function…

What is really the best way to access Airtable values?

Airtable List

Thanks!

You’ll want to use the Get Row or Get All Rows blocks.

@darren has a good tutorial video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V61Oo6TCwnw.

1 Like

Hi @tatiang! That was actually very helpful!

I was using Airtable as a DataSource, and that didn’t come with any of the options (Get Row, Get All Rows)…

Do you have time for another question?

I went through the tutorial to add Airtable. However, I’m still having issues with accessing values by using GetAllRows…

It looks like I can connect to the AirTable API (able to retrieve table name and other properties). However, accessing the individual rows on the table still seems to be the challenge…

Thanks in advance for your help!

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/5d0985de18ddb9446d7413544e5e0bd6

This may help

I found this solution much faster for Google Sheet, but I haven’t tried it on AirTable. For AirTable, substitute the Get Column block for the List of Values block in the example.

@jared Unfortunately I looked at all the connection settings to AirTable, and everything matches what the example is doing… The one thing I saw different from the example was that the example assigned a list variable to the current row in AirTable, and then access the element based on that list variable. I tried that as well (instead of just accessing the row variable directly), but still not working…

Something is funky with the GetAllRows API call to the AirTable, and I don’t know what it is… Ugh…

@drted Thanks! Though I don’t even think I’m that far yet to worry about performance issues… I can’t seem to get passed the GetAllRows API call to return data…

do you get any result from 'getallrows"?

@jared Nope, not at all…

I created a list variable called addrList and assigned basic values of “1, 2, 3”. I then called GetAllRows to get Address_Street values and add each value to the list. So I would expect “1, 2, 3, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx”. As you can see in the screenshot, the variable still just returns “1, 2, 3” after I looped through GetAllRows… So nothing is coming back from GetAllRows…

(showing AirTable has at least one row)

Put the “from mqDistance set Text” block inside the GetAllRows block. Otherwise, it’s going to run before your loop finishes. If you move it inside (below the loop block), I would expect to see the value of the last address_street in your AirTable sheet.

1 Like

yes! the label should be set after the loop, not after the purple airtable block. connect the label set block to the bottom of the loop block, (not inside the loop). make sure all of those are in the ‘then do’ section of the airtable block.

@tatiang @jared Still not working…

I moved the set label block inside the GetAllRows block. Also added a “in_loop” string to make sure the loop is happening, which seems to be the case. However, still no values coming out from Address_Street…

Have you checked your error block?

@jared No errors showing… Tried inserting error message to list instead of rows… No luck…

I mean. Can you try to print the error block directly to the label.

@jared Tried that earlier as well… Showing “null”…

Can you take a picture of the settings for your air table in the design screen and not the block screen. Did you make sure to set the view to Gridview? Are you sure that your API key and bass IDR correct?

What happens if you print out the all rose block to a label does anything happen then?

@jared I’ve gone over the API keys and Base ID multiple times… They are copied exactly from AirTable… I’m going crazy…

Does it work with the “Name” property/column instead of “Address_City”?

Try this set of blocks:

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 2.11.53 PM

1 Like

@tatiang … undefined… :pensive: