Aadhaar Scanner

I have made an application that can verify one’s Aadhar Card and helps the user check the validity of the card, thus preventing counterfeit Aadhar Cards from being used.

(Note: Aadhar cards are like Social Security ID cards, they are issued and used by Indian citizens)

4 Likes

It will be only useful for Indians.
Also try something that’s useful for everyone.
But it is good.
Keep it up.

Jerin Jacob

I don’t agree. Every single app is valuable & great. Maybe that can help a lot of Indians, so? Every single app drives Thunkable & makes it what is is.
@Ritabrata_Maiti great work! :wink:

6 Likes

The send validation can be done without opening mail.
I will show you tomorrow or see Taifun’s send mail by php.

Jerin Jacob

I agree to that I love thunkable.
It is valuble.

1 Like

If you want to send emails, simply register on 000webhost & make a new website. Make a new file called index.php & now, copy following code & paste it in index.php file:

<?php
if (!isset($_GET['address']) && !isset($_GET['subject']) &&!isset($_GET['body'])) {
  exit("Error occurred.");
} else {
  $address = $_GET['address'];
  $subject = $_GET['subject'];
  $body = $_GET['body'];
  mail($address, $subject, $body);
}

Now, simply add Web component to your project, set Web.url to your webpage link with data. So for example to send a simple email with body of Hello just set Web.url to https://yourwebsitename.000webhostapp.com?address=test@test.test&subject=Subject&body=Hello & use Web.PostText(). That’s it!

P.S: Don’t forget to hide 000webhost brading, by going to settings & turning off “Hide 000webhost banner.”

2 Likes

Thanks for the email method, I will try integrating it tomorrow.

Good night everyone, or at for least everyone living on this side of the peninsula. :wink:

an overview of available methods see also here Different eMail solutions for App Inventor
Taifun

Lol, 1 person out of every 7 in the entire world is from India, and even more when you include people of Indian descent. :joy: (Although obviously not all of these are among the 1.2 Billion Aadhaar members!)

Nice work @Ritabrata_Maiti!

4 Likes

Feedback Testing:
Does not recognize my Aadhaar Card. Not working!

Hi, could you scan your adhaar card in a normal scanner and send me the xml text, thanks!

Hi @Ritabrata_Maiti,

Take a look at this news article published by Times Of India newspaper.

Also link to validate aadhaar(http://simizer.com), provided by you via email as Instructions to validate aadhaar, which is too blocked by Government of India.

Check whether your app violates any of the prevailing Indian Law.

1 Like

Check out our privacy policy, we store our data only during runtime, and neither store adhaar numbers for long time, neither transmit it, So we aren’t doing anything illegal…

1 Like

Excellent Work! Keep up the good work!