Barcode Scanner component

hi,have any plans to make a Barcode Scanner component like Android?this is a very useful function for ios app.

14 Likes

MiuMiu,

A Barcode Scanner component is on our list but as of now it is not a high priority. If others chime in by liking or replying to your post it might influence us to move it higher on the priority list :wink:

-Mark

10 Likes

A mi también me haría falta este componente web, sería muy bueno tenerlo en iOS Thunkable.

I would love to have barcode and QR code scanning as well. The usage scenario is that: a user scans a QR code, when the QR code is recognized, the app will communicate with a remote server to retrieve a video or MP3 file to play. No need to press any button or enter any text.

If you accept contribution, I am willing to contribute USD 100 as a token of appreciation.

1 Like

push up!

push up!

1 Like

I’m really interested in this feature.

1 Like

+1!! actually +100… I need it badly for an app I finished on Android; trying to make the equivalent on ios!
Move it up the priority list <3

3 Likes

My app could also benefit from a QR code scanner. As it stands, I need to have the user use a separate app to read the QR code and then paste it into my app. Not ideal!

Wish that too!

1 Like

Me too please!

Besides 1D barcodes and 2D QR codes, I also need support for 2D Data Matrix code (used a lot in medical products). In MIT AI2, I used ZXing and checked the “use external scanner” box.

Thanks!
BillG

This blog post by @Hristo describing how to create a QR scanner in Thunkable ✕ might help.

-Mark

4 Likes

Need this, plase make it happen

Yes please!!! Have an immediate use for this.

1 Like

You could try this: Barcode Scanner - Round About Way using OCR

2 Likes

Please add it soon

please add it soon

I am also needing a barcode reader on my app, will you guys add it on a new version?

1 Like

Hi @erick.santos0106.eo1, we’re doing a final bit of testing on this component and hope to have it out in the next week or so.

Here’s a sneak peek:

https://docs.thunkable.com/barcode-scanner

5 Likes

Yay!!! :tada:

I was waiting eagerly waiting for it for my next app :grin:

2 Likes