Why Layouts are not working as expected?

@maurizio.polverini89 This issue was isolated to downloaded or published apps. Can you update your Thunkable Live app to v445-9 and let me know if the issue is still there?

On a first look, it does look much better indeed, thank you very much.

All the pages look fixed now, just one seems slightly still having issue:

But since all the old ones are working now, i’ll give a proper look tomorrow, i’m sure there is a solution

1 Like

Thanks for checking!

The issue was definately in the live app and published/downloaded apps but is now fixed in all apart from a gap at the bottom only when in the live app as per Maurizios image.

Thank you.

Hello @matt_conroy , i had another look and unfortunatly i still experience some issues, here the screenshots, but i don’t know if the problem is related

Look ad the AdMob component/cointainer, it works good in Thunkable Live:

Once downloaded and installed it disappears, it also happens in different screens:

Is this issue related?

@maurizio.polverini89 Could you DM me the link to that screen? It’s hard to tell from just the screenshot if this is an implementation issue or related to something else. Thank you!

This is still not solved. Works ok for standard phone sized devices but on tablets or larger screens it still fails to fit correctly.

Just had my first complaint from a client that has updated to the new version of my app and the bottom bar buttons have dissapeared of the bottom of the screen.

Even on standard sizes ive noticed that if a screen contains a lot of components it squashes items even when they are set to fixed amount of pixels.

Still only talking about Android, ios works perfect.

Happy to look into this. Could you attach some screenshots from the build and also from the design editor so we can see how the project is laid out?

Blocks1

Phone

Tablet

Also auto screen rotation is un-usable as it leaves the screen in vertical and just takes up half the width when rotating the device to horizontal.

Thank you! We will take a look here specific to tablets.

Is the screen orientation issue only on Android? Or Android and iOS?

Just tested, screen orientation issue is on both platforms.

1 Like

@martint For the orientation issue: I can confirm the behavior on Android. In fact, it does not seem to rotate at all even though my testing device has auto rotate enabled. We’ll let you know about a timeline for a fix soon hopefully.

I can also replicate this issue for the Layout on a tablet that is 1024x600. When you add padding around the top and bottom of the container, does that at least get the button in a more clickable position?
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 2.56.42 PM