šŸŽØ WDC #9 Can you re-create Shailesh's Memory Game App?

Hey @domhnallohanlon , thereā€™s a WDC challenge for you some week when youā€™re not feeling inspired! Build an app that does X, with as few blocks as possible!

1 Like

This is the score using your app

2 Likes

I put a constraint on my own WDC #9ā€¦ use the fewest components possible. So my card tiles were created from a single image component.

2 Likes

234 for me! And I donā€™t even have levels, or even a 'YOU WIN ā€™ screen! Wish I could have thought of the same code as @jane did!

1 Like

Used 456 blocks but still couldnā€™t do it
I got an idea now of how to make it using janeā€™s project but wouldnā€™t that be cheating.

1 Like

456 blocks is huge! You can take inspiration from @janeā€™s project, but you donā€™t have to do all the code block for block.

1 Like

@codeswept I think itā€™s too late for me to start making my app after getting too many project ideas, I will try to do it the next challenge

2 Likes

Hey everyone, #wdc 10 is now live - weā€™re building password generators!

2 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, if you build an app based on my app I wouldnā€™t consider it cheating at all - taking inspiration from each other is one of my favorite things about a Community forum like this! Thatā€™s why you can remix Thunkable projects in the first place, so that you can build an app with a similar skeleton but add your own flair :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks @jane But I just donā€™t feel itā€™s right

Iā€™ve updated my app loads to include timers, maximum time, difficulty levels, and even a settings page! Iā€™ve also changed the UI. You can try it out using the same link. Do give me your feedback!

1 Like

Itā€™s a long topic at this pointā€¦ it might be good to include your link in the newest post.

2 Likes

Sorry, hereā€™s the link! Thunkable

2 Likes