šŸŽØ WDC #9 Can you re-create Shailesh's Memory Game App?

Great ā€¦ eventually this time I made the ui just like the one in the gamesā€¦ oops forgot to show my wrk ā€¦ no worries I will show it by tomorrowā€¦ also I am thinking to make 9 levels as o20 lvls will take a lot of time

Wow! Other way round with meā€¦ nearly done with the code but havenā€™t touched the UIšŸ˜‚

Then youā€™ve done the hard part! :slight_smile: I was just goofing off for a couple minutes before getting sucked into dayjob.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a very simple mock up of the original UI.

https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/606749b9ac2c0c00121ba921

Feel free to remix it if you want, just be advised though that basically none of the logic is done yet so youā€™ll to figure that part out for yourself!

1 Like

Hereā€™s a preview with logic and card-flipping (but no win conditions yet or UI for difficulty selection, although the logic is coded):

4 Likes

Amazing! Adorable easter-themed UI!

1 Like

heres my sneak peak of my project

well i have to make other lvls
now
and sneak peak of lvlsā€¦ u can take any lvl but it depends on you how much smart you areā€¦

1 Like

This looks fantastic @eko.devs.apploroceo - looking forward to playing it!

The card flipping effect youā€™ve used here works really well @catsarisky

I think it actually helped me remember where each card was!

2 Likes

thanks a lot

Hi thunkers, I am creating other lvls thoā€¦ finding it hard to make LVL 1ā€¦ I am working on it really hard :anguished: but no success ā€¦ I have also added time limits tho and leme see if I can add some animationsā€¦
Iā€™m still working on that game till now :slightly_smiling_face: hope I win the competition tho

Where are you stuck? :slight_smile:

OK, I think Iā€™m done. I added a high scores section, which I did in Firebase (although badly - I realized after some work that I should have used a different data structure), because creating rows elsewhere wasnā€™t working right.

https://thunkable.site/w/HVOI7XgLG ā† hereā€™s the link!

Thanks, @domhnallohanlon for another fun WDC! What will we build next weekend?

5 Likes

Wow!
Iā€™ve also finally done it! My UI is terrible, but at least the logic works!
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6066b6a60b543700119ae3e7

Hardest app ever!
Canā€™t wait for next weekend though.

2 Likes

Well done @codeswept and @catsarisky
Would you mind making a tutorial on this??

What sort of information would you want in the tutorial, @codeemaker ?

1 Like

How do you Make the image of a button get randomized and Not get repeated more than twice??

Oh, sure! I can answer that fairly easily. I made a list with two numbers for each tile (so if it was six tiles, I had 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3). Thatā€™s card_list.

Then I shuffled it (shuffled_list).
(Thereā€™s also a kludge in there where I wanted to mash two lists together, so I converted to text and back.)

Then I made an object for each card, in which I take a number out of shuffled_list and record what button (card) it goes with - the screenshot shows the first button - the remaining ones are done by cloning of the first one.

5 Likes

Thanks, I used 153 blocks to try to do this function(But I couldnā€™t) It is easier than I thought It would be

1 Like

Love that about programming! I canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve made something using a couple hundred blocks and then realized or learned later that I could have achieved the same thing dynamically with way fewer blocks.

Iā€™m a bit more experienced now where I noticed if Iā€™m doing something repetitive or with many, many blocks and I look for a more efficient way.

3 Likes

Iā€™m having lots of problems with lag while working on this project. The live test in browser and preview in browser often are one or two iterations behind the current blocks. Itā€™s causing me to second-guess myself a lot.

I also lost about an hourā€™s work when the site didnā€™t save my project. Usually, thereā€™s a message about the page being outdated before that ever happens but I didnā€™t notice it this time.

Soā€¦ I have a working version but Iā€™m putting the finishing touches on it tonight and will share it.

2 Likes