🎨 WDC #6 qr code scanner (Weekend Design+logic Challenge)

thanks

Alright, here’s my submission for the challenge:

It’s an app called “Book mobile” and it allows you to scan a book’s barcode to see details about it and read a preview of the book’s content.

Imagine you’re at a friend’s house and you see a book on their bookshelf and wonder about it… or you’re at a bookstore and instead of opening the Amazon app and being taken to the purchase page, you just want a quick description of the book. And then if you’re intrigued by that, well, maybe you’ll want to read a few of the preview pages.

The app uses the Google Books API. It consists of 175 blocks. Here’s how it looks in action:

7 Likes

its great but how it wrks on android?

What an amazing app! The UI is really good, and it works really well. I especially love the scan button in the home page.

2 Likes

so alll thunkers

only tick tick 2 tick tick 1 i mean 2 days are left

do ur app fast pm me a video with al screen ill evaluate
ur apps and final winner come

I mainly develop for iOS so I haven’t tested this on Android devices.

hmm
even i have iphone se
and some android devices

tdays 2nd last day so send results fast

1 Like

Here is my submission, Skimmer Scanner. It isn’t much. I’ve always focussed on UX and functionality more than UI, so, though it’s a WDC, there isn’t much design, as I never paid much attention to UI. Hopefully, I will improve. The screenshots are also slightly blurry, as my timing was terrible, and add to that, I was taking them on my tablet. All Skimmer Scanner does is allow you to scan a QR code, and then open the link embedded in the code.
Splash screen:

Scan page:

QR scanner in action:

Alert giving
i) embedded link
b) the option to open the link or not.

I do know the UI is abysmal, but I’m trying :blush:
Thanks!

5 Likes

@codeswept, I’m glad you submitted it! I feel like UI is always my weak point, too, but I’m trying to improve. It doesn’t come naturally to me.

3 Likes

sorry im late but try and improve UI.
gut logic

1 Like

@eko.devs.apploroceo where is your submission?

1 Like

But your Book Mobile apps UI was fantastic! Did you use Canva for the font and buttons?

1 Like

@codeswept Thank you! Like I said, I’m trying to get better. Yes, I used the free version of Canva.

1 Like

here’s my project
screenshots -

Hope you like it!!

1 Like

video to app-

all great job ill be evaluating ur apps soon

1 Like

@roumak-coder please send your app till 12:00p.m it’s already 11:47a.m

When is the deadline 12 noon or 12 midnight?

1 Like

time is over it was 12 noon