šŸŽ® WDC #26 Can you make your own "Wordle" game in Thunkable?

I already shared a sample project with all words.

You can use it from the project. It is there as a text of comma delimited words.

Here is the source of the list.

5 Likes

Oh haha thanks thought it would be a different type of list.

Anyways thanks

PS made Thunkable crash 3 Times to add the list:)

2 Likes

That is the beauty of it. It supposed to be a challenge, not just a typical app.

5 Likes

:rofl:

@sketch did the builder crash or the actual app?

I know the builder isnā€™t a fan of long texts like that. If you store the same in a cloud variable, you can cal it from the app without bogging down the editor with all that text.

One idea is to complete a hard refresh and only have 1 Thunkable tab open plus no other resource intensive websites/apps.

3 Likes

Builder

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Nice! Can I ask how you converted the list of words to a comma-separated list? I tried a few online converters before you posted that and none of them worked for me.

3 Likes

From the GitHub page, display them as raw then copy them and save them to a text block.
From here you can make a list from text using [SPACE] as the separator or cheat just like I did that I first replace [SPACE] to [COMMA] then saved it again as CSV.

3 Likes

Almost done! Just cleaning up the reset blocks for generating a new word and then Iā€™ll post a more detailed share of this.

8 Likes

Here is my attempt
All things same
Only the thing is my app is made by me in Thunkable
Here is my video

Link
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/6357a9d2b3ef1a98aeb639507c346a6b
A new update
I have put some sound effects in in my word game please check in the below link
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/61f3a6a45f11b40010a19b9d

6 Likes

The UI is great, almost exactly like the original except for the enter and back buttons.

4 Likes

I canā€™t wait!

2 Likes

It looks really nice. Weā€™re looking forward to your project link!

2 Likes

Just check now link is there

1 Like

This is great! Hereā€™s a glitch I found though:
I played the first time, lost and then got an alert saying that I lost and then aksing me if I wanted to share/play again. I clicked Play, and then I didnā€™t get an alert when I won on the 5th try. Does it check only after 6 tries?

3 Likes

Yes i am just working on it
Can anyone please send a screenshot of my UI

How my UI is looking because in my mobile it is not looking good
So please send

2 Likes

@rishabh_jain

Here are screenshots from Thunkable Live on iPhone 11. You can see there is a problem with the word AORTA. The secret word BARON only has one A but in the screenshot, both As that I played are marked as correct but in the wrong position.

I had the same issue with my project until I started removing letters I had checked already from a list and then comparing the guessed letter to the remaining letters in the list instead of the whole secret word every iteration of the loop.

You also need to add some spaces to the YOU LOST message.

6 Likes

i had actually encountered that same issue but i only removed the letter from the target when thereā€™s an exact match - i should be doing the same thing for letters that are found but not in exact position!

5 Likes

Thank u very much for your suggestion and screenshot i am working on that problem

1 Like

Now i have solved all problems of my word app so please check
And responsešŸ™

1 Like

I tried the link you posted above. Is it still the old link? There were some problemsā€¦

The secret word was CORKS. When I guessed COOPS, it showed both Os as being in the word. When I guessed CORKS on my last guess, it said YOU LOST and didnā€™t have spaces in the alert message.

2 Likes