šŸŽ® WDC #26 Can you make your own "Wordle" game in Thunkable?

The same for me. It seems there is an issue with the link @codeswept

2 Likes

@manyone This is a power house example of coding in Thunkable. Iā€™m already at about twice as many blocks as you and Iā€™m not quite done. Very impressive! I always learn a lot from seeing your projects. And the status=ā€œ200ā€ check on the dictionary API is smartā€¦ I borrowed that!

5 Likes

thanks for the kind words - but i opted for the easy way and decided to just use traditional input instead of a keypad image - the processing blocks for that alone can account for half the project!

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t expecting to have so many apps, of such a high quality, built so soon - great work @tatiang @manyone and @codeswept

Hopefully as folks have more time over the coming days weā€™ll see even more entries!

Wanted to share an alternative approach to the WDC, where Iā€™m doing the design majority of the design in Figma and applying the finishing touches in Thunkable.

Also happy to share my Figma file too and would actively encourage folks to share any derivative or improved versions you make with the Community:

Hope this is helpful and gets others up and running with this challenge!

7 Likes

Sorry about that, hereā€™s a new one: Thunkable

Very much so, @domhnallohanlon! This seems like a much quicker method!

2 Likes

thanks for the link, @codeswept - your version is very playable - i like the feedback (key ā€œlights upā€) when you press on the letters! awesome job!

4 Likes

Oops, looks like the link I shared was wrong after all. Seems like thereā€™s a bug that wasnā€™t there yesterday. The project page isnā€™t working correctly while the preview is.

2 Likes

Hey codeswept
Sorry to say but there is a glitch in ur app

Just have a look
It is not identifying the wrong word
@codeswept

Any reply @codeswept

1 Like

Hi @rishabh_jain,
Please be patient.

Donā€™t ask people to reply or ask them if there are any replies. Please be patient.

3 Likes

It seems to be working just fine from my side:

@rishabh_jain I have mentioned in my original post that the word validation isnā€™t working right now so it will accept even random letters as words.

4 Likes

Dos it has to be 5 letters?
I am workingwith an api wich returns longer words so it s kinda hard

2 Likes

Thanks @codelover1234!

Does the API allow you to request words of a specific lenght?

Or could you request, say, 10,000 words and then sort by length in Excel or Sheets and use these in your app?

Related, is the lack of an API for 5 letter words a blocker for making progress here?

Progress update from my end - having fun adding some new functionality!

Keyboard input:

hello_wordl1

Calibration:

hello_wordl2

7 Likes

No

Maybe but i am not sure will if it wil slow down the app.

Nope

1 Like

Does anyone have a solution for checking for valid words without an API? The API that several of us used is currently offline and even when itā€™s working ā€“ or when I use a different dictionary API ā€“ the response time can be quite slowā€¦ sometimes several seconds before it responds.

I guess one method would be pull a full dictionary into the app once and then just refer to the local copy. But Iā€™m also thinking there might be a way to make an offline version of Wordle.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve quickly made someting up.
Here is the link to the project : Thunkable

NOTE: i havenā€™t yet added the guesing system etc.
But iā€™ve thought to share the link with everyone.
So you can follow progress.

:smiley:

EDIT:

I am Just having a really slow DnD ui so i canā€™t really speed up thingsšŸ˜…

5 Likes

Yes, @tatiang I collected all the 5 letter words of English. They are 12,972 words.
Do you want me to list them here or what kind of way do you suggest to share them?

This will also solve the @sketch issue of getting a random word for the game.

4 Likes

Well, I guess thatā€™s my questionā€¦ how to import that list into a project?

3 Likes

I tried it in a List Viewer and it worked.

https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/61f66bb195f43b0248bdb309

[Edit]
I guess you can use the list to choose a word at random every time you start the app and in the same time to check user entered words are valid.

4 Likes

Possibly copy them into 1 airtable cell separated by commas and then use that table in a project. Once we import the table we could just fetch that cell and ā€˜make list from textā€™. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™ll work, though.

4 Likes

Meneer could strinigfy Them with a delineter and Then share it here so we can copy it.

PS great job collecting Them @muneer

2 Likes