Using Airtable or spreadsheets

So I have created an Airtable and I can create a row with CreateRow with two columns “Name” and “Score” where each row will be created when someone logs in.

I will need the program to check to see if they are already on the spreadsheet, and Im not sure how to go about that.

And Even if I got that part done, I’m not sure how to find the row that they are saved in so I can then grab their score for use.

Everything I have read all refer to the RowObject or the Row. Ive tried to make a lable dispay the row during the creation of the row but it simply says object, Object. Nothing more.

In my Airtable I see the new rows being created when they login but Ill be damned if I can figure out how to determine the Row so I can use it to index the spreadsheet to read the correct column.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,

To determine the row in the table, the algorithm is as follows:

1. Using the Spreadsheet.getAllRows method, we get a list of objects.
  2. Create a loop from this list and compare the value of the key field (Name) of the object with the new value. If these values ​​match, then the row is already in the table.

As a basis you can take this example.

It’s easier to do this if you want to check one column at a time. If there are no matches, it will return 0.

28/5000

Let me know the whole code?

An example of working with AirTable on the scrAirTable screen

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5cd84f23e3097f3353fdad45/project/properties/designer/