Updating App on Google Play Created In Another Platform - Security Key

Question: How to Update Several Apps Already Listed in Google Play Stores that were Created in Another Platform - AppMkr?

1. Found this info on Thunkable which details process if app was originally created with Thunkable Classic, BUT does not clearly show how to do this if app was created in another platform - https://docs.thunkable.com/publish-to-play-store-android#updating-an-existing-app-on-the-play-store

2. After changing version, and package name - We tried to upload to Google Play and we received the message with the “current certificate/keystore” in the latest app version and told we were using a different version, but when we tried to import the given existing keystore to Thunkable update version of the app - we could not.

Thanks for any guidance on this.

@goodfromapps Sorry about your issues. Can you give some more details (including, perhaps, screenshots) of what you did and what errors you received from Google Play?

-Mark

Mark - Thanks for following up. We received the message below when we tried to upload the latest version using Thunkable for the first time (taking out the security keys because not sure if this is public). This is 1 out of 7 apps we are trying to update and move to thunkable:

"Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs.

You must use the same certificate.

Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: D0:2D:1C:67:F9… ]

and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: 17:C9:F0:EF:… ]

Your APK or Android App Bundle needs to have the package name com.appmakr.baltimoreinnerharbor.

Mark - We solved one problem. We had the bundle id misspelled, but now just tried uploading revised apk and got the following from Google Play Developer Console:

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: D0:2D:1C:67:F9:…]

and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: 17:C9:F0:EF:1A:…]

1 Like

@goodfromapps, It’s not clear from your post whether you tried the instructions in our docs. I know that those docs give the specific example of updating from Thunkable Classic but the same basic idea applies to updating from any platform.

You need the keystore file (probably called android.keystore) and the keystore password. I don’t know how you get those from the AppMakr platform. Once you have those you should be able to follow the instructions in our docs, but feel free to let us know if you have any difficulties.

-Mark

Mark - Thanks for your guidance, but after repeated attempts at following doc steps for Thunkable Classic apps and failing to upload as an update to our existing app on Google Play App store - We gave up and decided to create a brand new app (version 1 Thunkable). With the new app, we had no problems at all.

1 Like

I have the same problem! It’s not clear from the guide (at least for me) how to sign my app! I would be obliged if anyone would explain to me in depth. I can download certificates from the Googgle console, but then I don’t know what to do.