Unable to get clone image to work correctly

Can anyone provide guidance with cloning components?
I am tryinig to clone a simple column with 1 label and 1 image.
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 2.31.27 PM
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 2.32.01 PM

here are the blocks I am using to create these clones

so you’ll see i set the lable and image, then clone and loop.

the result is seen in the video. the first item populates in the template which is visible. but then only the labels are cloned. the image is never cloned. any thoughts here?

You need to use the green clone block to set the Text and Picture values. And example is shown about halfway down this page: https://docs.thunkable.com/any-component-blocks.

doesnt work for that

doesnt work for that

this is also not doing anything

I am cloning a whole column though, not just an image. that is what is causing the difficulty.

this worked fine!

Hmm… I would have thought the “from Label in list all Label in clone get #1 set Text to” block would have worked.

I have ALMOST solved it! Thanks guys! @drted and @tatiang to the rescue!

what i ended up doing was cloning a column. saving that clone to a variable. then using that variable to clone the next things INTO. then start the process again.

what appears to be happening is that the original blocks dont seem to be cloning the entire column and it’s contents. just the top level component. can anyone else confirm this?

although this is A solution, it’s not THE solution. This type of dynamic creation of elements does not allow for finetuning the advanced properties such as borders, corner roundness, blur etc.

for example, in the video above the ‘master image’ has corners that are rounded, you can see the images displayed do not have that corner.

is anyone able to clone an entire column that holds an image appropriately?

2 Likes

[update 10/17]

Cloning is working as expected again using the blocks from the first screen shot in this thread.