Two different user roles

Hi,

I’ve got an app with two types of users - restaurants and consumers. Restaurants upload the data about the available foods and consumers view the nearest available foods. What’s the best way to define these kinds of user roles in thunkable?

1 Like

Your consumers might or might not need to be logged in to your app. Your restaurants definitely do, since they’re going to upload data. Firebase sign-in could be a good option for restaurants. You could put a button in the app that opens the restaurant sign-in screen and takes restaurant owners to their pages to add data after they sign in. Alternately, you could build a separate process (a second app, or another method) that takes data from restaurants and puts it in firebase, where your Thunkable app retrieves it.

2 Likes

thank you! does that mean it’s possible to link two apps together and send data from one to another?

1 Like

Most definitely.

Realistically every single app you will ever create in your entire life could probably share the same database. You might run out of space or server capacity or just get charged for all the usage without ever running out but yes. One back end could talk to 1000 apps and 1000 apps equally could speak to their own discreet back end.

Share what you want to keep private what you will

1 Like

Not directly from one app to another, but they can share a common data source, so basically yes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you both! Now I just have to figure out the dynamic data :slight_smile: I’m coming here from Bubble, so quite a few different things to get used to!

2 Likes