Is it possible to do in thunkable?

Hi guys,

I am about to start an app and would like to know if it is possible to do in thunkable.
In this app I need each user to have restricted access only to their information (personal profile and related requests)

Is it possible to do this content control by users?

Another question, is it necessary to create two apps, one for customers to access and track their orders and another for the system administrator to update their orders and register products?

1 Like


  1. Take a look at the RealtimeDB component (Firebase) to create personal user accounts

  2. In 99% of cases, you need to create a separate application for the system administrator if you need reliability and usability. And in the remaining 1% of cases, you can do without it if the system administrator is a programmer and can work in the database 10 or 100 times more efficiently from the console for working with it, or using software that he wrote himself.

Personally, it’s more convenient for me to create a program for importing several thousand products into the database than to add manually one product through some administration program.

1 Like

I second what actech recommended regarding firebase. You can use Thunkable’s Sign In component and the RealtimeDB or Cloud variables to authenticate and store data. I cover all of this in my Firebase / FirePass series on YouTube.

If you want access to my Firebase project, you can check out my Remix Vault:

In regards to an Admin interface, if you want the same app you’d need to assign roles to normal users vs. admins and then give them access based off the role. Advantages are one code base and one deployment.

However, I’d probably opt for a separate app - just because I am a neat freak and like all my code to clean, modularised, and serve a single purpose.

1 Like

Thank you Actech and Darren,
It is more likely that I created two separate applications.
However the database will be the same for both applications, correct?
Since the administrator will interact with the with information entered by the user and the other way around as well.

1 Like

You can connect to one database with multiple apps.

For example, your users could download an app where they read data from your DB, while you have an app that allows you to write new data to the DB.