Thunkable PRO for Education

The only issue they may run into is that this platform is not meant for collaborative work, like google docs.

However, provided they all were assigned different tasks it may work well. You should try this and get back to us! I wonder how the thunkable servers will deal with simultaneous instances of the same project???

any input from @Mark @domhnallohanlon @jane or any other admins on this?

the real test, if they aren’t able to answer in the next 24 hours will be to test this idea out and provide an answer to the community! Who’s with me?

1 Like

We strongly recommend against multiple people sharing an account to work on the same project. I sent you a private message on the subject. I’ll post a better solution online later.

4 Likes

Oops! :sweat_smile:

@paulmw I have deleted my post :+1:
Apologies for wrong info :pray:

Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

Nothing to apologize for. Thanks for helping out!

2 Likes

Can you expand on why you recommend against this? Is there a post with a better solution?

Accounts are only meant for one person. Multiple people editing the same project will cause to them to write over each other’s work on our servers, leading to broken and unrecoverable projects.

We recommend each student having their own account, and work on their individual screen in the app. Then one person can save the screens of the other students and merge them into one project. Check out the post below for how to save a screen.

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Sorry to refresh a very old thread but I’m curious about this idea of co-developing apps in Thunkable.

@paulmw Are you suggesting that students work on separate screens for a single app in separate projects within their own accounts and then one student remixes all of the projects, saves each screen from each project and then imports those screens into one final project for publishing?

Or is there a better way to do this?

1 Like

I work at a university teaching 1st Year ICT and a Foundation Computer Science course. I want to promote Thunkable as a cross platform Web App environment. Is there an academic licence to permit students to develop web apps?

I don’t know the answer to that myself but you can contact Thunkable about educational pricing on this page: https://edu.thunkable.com.

2 Likes

Hey @another95thesesh, welcome to the community. We have quite a few schools and universities who use Thunkable in their courses.

I’ve passed your details on to our EDU team who will be in touch soon. Are you planning on using Thunkable this semester?

I have filled out the form to get Thunkable pro education pricing twice and have never received a response. Can someone tell me what the pricing is and how to get it?

1 Like

I’ve tried to contact thunkable regarding an education subscription - pricing etc, but I’ve not heard anything back. Can anyone enlighten me and let me know pricing, we’re in Melbourne Australia.

Thank you in advance

@hmno968 did you reach out via the form?

If you email billing@thunkable.com we’ll be able to get a better sense of your requirements and outline the applicable prices.

Yes I did

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon: I filled out the form too, and then filled it out again later when I never heard back. Seems like a black hole.

Thanks @ronturcotte @hmno968 this form does get checked periodically so apologies for the delay following up with you. You should hear from someone in relation to this shortly.

What course/grade are you teaching this semester?

1 Like

Thunkable is for year 9 students. And it’s a coding topic

1 Like

For me it’s a “Mobile App Development” course, grades 9-12. It’s intended as an introductory coding class.

1 Like

Is there a student-only option, personal version, education, cheap, simple membership function?

2 Likes