Thunkable free & Play store

Hello! I’d like to ask for assistance regarding the following issue:
I have created a program within free application, which has been uploaded to the Play Store for closed testing. The Play Store has accepted it, and there is a download link available where the application can be installed. However, after installation, the program doesn’t start because it prompts for Thunkable registration (not only thunkable logo picture) , which cannot be bypassed.
The generated APK file can be installed directly on the phone without any issues (with the Thunkable logo on the splash screen). Why isn’t it working when downloaded from the Play Store?

Hi @vizualcenter , welcome to Thunkable! :tada:

Be sure to check out our posts about How to ask Great Questions v2.0 and our Community Guidelines as you get started.

APK files from Thunkable cannot be installed for publishing to the Play Store. To do this, you would need to be on our Pro plan or higher and download the Android App Bundle (aab) which you could use to list your app on the Play Store.

Thank You for answer!

Indeed, you cannot upload an APK file to the Play Store, only an APP file. However, there are several third-party tools available that allow you to convert an APK file into an APP, even with the added signing key. (That’s why I was able to upload it.)

I agree that having the Thunkable logo appear at startup becouse it is a great and simple way for “programing”. But why does registration come in before running the program?

I have created a simple mobile application for many of my friends, whom I’d like to give the application for free, easily downloadable from the Play Store. However, the whole gesture of kindness I intended for my friends is lost if I have to pay to become a pro user just to give away something for free.

If I can’t add to play store can I just share with people the apk file?

I can share the file. The problem is that several older people struggle to handle their phones well, and installing the downloaded file is akin to directing a spaceship for them.
Installing from Google Play would be significantly easier, and adding future updates would also be better.

You would have to upgrade your plan to Pro or higher to be able to publish to the Play Store.

But what if I just share it on uptodown or another sites

This is not supported by Thunkable. Please see our Terms of Use.

I shared it on google drive, thx for answers!