Thunkable auto jump in component menu - It's here!

Just last night I was scrolling through the left component menu to find where I clicked.

Hats off again to Thunkable :smiley:

6 Likes

Great feature!

3 Likes

Good!

3 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

This only works if the target component is located in an expanded branch of the component tree

2 Likes

Yes but when you switch from designer to blocks and back, it automatically expands all the components. So most of the time it will be expanded unless every time you swap back to designer you shrink all the components in menu :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is true, but I just clarified the information.

2 Likes

Please remove the auto expansion, there’s no need for this at all

I think something like this should be optional. Sometimes it’s useful but for large projects it can get in the way.

3 Likes

It would be much better if it kept it the same. Whatever you had expanded stays expanded and whatever wasn’t, stays closed

3 Likes

This new feature is useful, so you don’t have to find the component you clicked. :star2:

Me & @jared are running an GitHub request, refer here - https://github.com/thunkable/thunkable-issues/issues/367

I strongly believe, Thunkable will implement this soon.

Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

@jared How?
Have a look -

In designer -

After coming back to designer from blocks -

The column61 was minimized, it became maximised.

Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

When a new screen is added, it is very difficult to drag it through all the expanded nodes to the very beginning. That’s why it’s a great idea to collapse the entire tree before this (a script for the Stylish plugin).

@-moz-document domain("x.thunkable.com") {

.tree-node-children-wrapper{
 max-height: 0 !important; 
 }
}
4 Likes

I was confused when I read that originally!