Collapsible component categories

I know this is a really small aspect of using Thunkable but sometimes it’s the little things that make the experience more (or less) enjoyable.

Component categories on the Design tab screen can be collapsed. I find this occasionally problematic when I accidentally click on the category name or the collapse symbol and the category collapses (maybe a simple fix is to make the category title NOT clickable and only the symbol itself clickable). If you’re not sure what I mean, see the screenshot at the bottom of this post.

I’ve never once wanted the categories collapsed. In fact, it would be great if the Advanced category was always expanded by default. I would also suggest renaming that category. There are things in “App Features” that can be quite advanced depending on how they are used. I’m not sure what to call it though! Maybe it could be “External Sources” and include Data Sources. But I digress…

Please vote in this poll:

• Collapsible component categories are helpful
  • Collapsible component categories are NOT helpful

0 voters

1 Like

@tatiang Interesting question you’re posing here. This is truly just a UX thing. I know I’ve clicked on the name by accident many times and have wondered where in the world those components went.

I’m pretty sure we just follow Material Design on how this works:

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 2.16.24 PM
Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 2.16.43 PM

1 Like

I’m curious if others find it gets in the way, too. It may very well be best practice as you mentioned but if it’s not serving anyone, I’d say “change it!” And if there are some users who rely on or prefer having collapsible categories then I think it makes sense to keep that as part of the design.

1 Like

Maybe add an option in the settings page to control this feature.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.