Summer Product Releases @ Thunkable

Hey Thunkers!

We can’t believe it’s the end of summer already but to celebrate what has been an exciting summer here in San Francisco, we wanted to share with you some of the latest features that we hope you will enjoy while inventing on Thunkable:

• More fonts for your apps - Upload your own custom .ttf or use our new Roboto and Roboto Thin defaults

• Material design color palette - Check out the new default colors that are refreshed with the latest palette from Material Design

• Google maps component zoom and center control - Open up a map and automatically center your location and zoom level

• Firebase bug fixes - Build an app that shares data real-time like a communications or a real-time drawing app

• Lots of Thunkable UI updates to make inventing your beautiful app as fun and productive as possible

Albert @ Thunkable

6 Likes

Hi Albert,

Center your location function is fine, the app shows my location on the center of the map. The problem is that when I zoom out and move map to somewhere else, Google Map keeps moving the map back to my current location after 2 second or so. I do not want that. I want to center my location only in the start of the application, then I would like to be able to move map to somewhere else. How can I do that?

Best Regards,
Bruger

Hi there,

Yes you are totally right – the current component does keep reseting the map to the initial center and zoom level settings. Definitely something we need to change – will keep you posted when we have that functionality added in the component.

Thanks for the feedback!
Albert

Firebase bug fixed?