Stuck White Screen on Android Only

Hi all,

We’ve had our Thunkable based app “Felix by FE” working since the start of the year. It’s a simple web viewer pointing at our website https://felix.fe.training. Recently on Android it has stopped working. The Thunkable logo disappears, but the screen remains white rather than loading our website. The iOS version appears fine, and it’s the same behaviour using the Live Test feature on Android. I also tried downloading the app and installing the new version on Android.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I’ve scoured the forum for advice but most of the white screen issues are a temporary flash of white, whereas ours refuses to load the website.

Thanks,

Rob

1 Like

Hey @rcsmith :wave:

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your app.

When you say “recently” did something change? Was the app updated on the Play store, or did you push an update to your website?

I think there are some known issues with CORS, but without seeing your app it’s impossible to say for sure.

1 Like

Hi @domhnallohanlon, thanks for your response.

Nothing has changed on our part, we’ve not issued any app updates or changes. The only elements we can identify that have changed are the major Android updates that have been rolled out since. I’m wondering if that has interfered, but then surely there would be other users experiencing this issue.

I’m not familiar with CORS I’m afraid, but willing to try things to fix the Android issue.

Kind regards,

Rob

1 Like

No problem at all Rob.

So the first step in troubleshooting is to reproduce the error on our end - can you post your Play Store and App store links here so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

1 Like

Sure thing, please see below:

Got it, thanks.

Ok from the splash screen (and your own release notes!) I can see that your app was created before this update

Can you PM me a link to your project and I’ll take a closer look at it for you?

Thanks.

Hi @domhnallohanlon, just wanted to make sure you received my PM?

Thanks,

Rob